Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
clutch cable

Hi Guys, im having trouble with the clutch dragging and the top plate does seem to move more on one side than the other but then i remembered the talk about the lever on the g,box being adjusted so that it sits straight up with the lever on the handlebar pulled in
Well mine isnt and i couldnt adjust it to do so, i think my new cable that came in a set from Oz is too short, the outside length is 48 1/2" and the inner is 52 1/2" the adjuster at the g,box end is 1 5/8 long
the best i can get is the arm at the straight up position before pulling the lever
is this the wrong length and where do you guys get yours
thanks
Kevin
44 M20

Re: clutch cable

I've often modified a cable to create a bit more free length, by:-......Pull the ferule off (cut round the plastic coating at the end with a razor if necc) Hold the outer cable in the round jaw part of pliers. With a small pair if side cutters, catch the spiral end of the outer cable and carefully unwind it (it's a bit fiddly till you get it started). Unwind to the desired length, cut off and carefully tidy the burr with file or Dremel and push the ferule back on. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1