Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ariel sidecar

I have the opportunity to buy an unrestored original 1929-31 Ariel sidecar currently connected to a 1930 Ariel side valve.

Research has not revealed definitive information regarding W/NG sidecar fitment. The few pictures of WD Ariels with a sidecar do not include information to say if these are original combinations or later additions or any other information leading to enlightenment.😳

Does anyone think that an original 29-31 chassis and body would be an appropriate addition to a 44 W/NG?

email (option): iron_ariel@yahoo.ca

Re: Ariel sidecar

There is this well known picture of a Home Guard unit with Ariel's and basic sidecars. I've never seen or heard of any official order for WD W/NG outfits. Only M20's and 16H's were ordered with Swallow sidecars, mainly for the RAF. Personally I think to build such an outfit would require a whole load of "Artistic License" ......To put it politely :thinking_face: Ron

Scan-20200618

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

No I don't think there is any evidence of Government W/NGs being fitted with sidecars during the war?, there is a picture of the Exeter Home Guard with an Ariel VB SV fitted with a local manufactured sidecar but I doubt the Home Guard who were issued with W/NGs on temporary loan on occasion would be allowed to make alterations to them.

However its yours so do what you want.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Looks like the Home Guard were the artistic types.

OK, I get it.
Mostly I am interested in fitting a sidecar to one of my Ariels to get grandchildren interested in vintage motorcycles.
I am building a 1940 VG that would be more appropriate.

not much age difference between the kids on the sidewalk and those on the bikes....

Not a snowflake in sight.

Nieuwe pagina 1