Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
D-Day 2021

Its D-Day and I've realised its 10 years since I went across, must try harder. Hopefully some of you have made it this year?

Here are a few shots from my last visit in 2011.

Rob

DSCF1438

DSCF1484

DSCF1491

DSCF1493

DSCF1602

DSCF1458

DSCF1827

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Re: D-Day 2021

Not me, this year Rob....Best I could manage was Facetiming with Dad so that we could watch the opening of the British Memorial together.

A couple more from 2011.

Arromanches

Longues-1

IMG-7970

Good memories Rob and Rik. I've been going every year for many years but of course had to miss 2020 and now 2021, but still hoping to make a trip over in Sept if covid allows. Best we did today was a ride out to the memorial at RAF Homesley in the New Forest, followed by a toasted tea cake at Sammy's. Ron
DSCF3795

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Today I took my father up to Upottery Airfield where some of the US 101st Airborne left from on D-Day for a wreath laying, 11 Jeeps no bikes but a rather amusing musical vicar and then on to Dunkeswell Airfield where we met a US Navy lady who was alleged to be part of President Biden's entourage.

Rob

DSCN0107

DSCN0110

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Great photos Rob
Looking forward to 2022 already - I am booked in already so I can count the days
Hope to see you there too
Br
Job

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

It's odd not being there again, fingers crossed we can go later this year.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Hi,

It was indeed very quit this year, but we managed to join the Ouistreham parade: https://www.startribune.com/normandy-commemorates-d-day-with-small-crowds-but-big-heart/600065216/

hope to see you all next year, Wicky

Nieuwe pagina 1