Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Paint/lacquer query....

To date I've always sprayed my WD bikes with a synthetic paint...However, I'd like to lacquer some parts for a greater degree of protection and have found that, so far, I can't source a (matt) lacquer to go over synthetic without reacting.....

So, I'm considering a change of paint to something I can put a 2K lacquer over..2K uses the lacquer and an activator..

Firstly, can anyone tell me which paint type(s) would be suitable to go under the lacquer described?. Secondly, I'll have to get the paint mixed to the correct colour I imagine (KGP No.3) unless there is someone already supplying it...Any recommendations?....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: Paint/lacquer query....

I posted this chart on another forum which suggests what RAL colours to mix. But then Richard Farrant said that:- http://www.warpaint.co.uk/ has KG3.

I have no personal knowledge of either though. Ron
1448941820-RALmixes-jpg-4d80b0835480d5a1a66824db609bb41e

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks Ron...I'll get hold of Warpaint and see what they have regarding colour, paint type and lacquer...Any further information/opinions from other forum members would appreciated as well...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi Ian
I got 15 litres of Kg no3 made up a few weeks back in 2 pack
They also are preparing cans of aerosol which can be used for touch ups- but this is not 2 pack so has a longer shelf life

The paint is matched by lex in Holland & the Dutch provider gave me the “recipie” due to the difficulty in getting this from there these times

They are Luton based - simply coatings

They might match your needs
Br
John

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1