Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Do not disturb....

Last week I have been emailing several companies to try and find a few parts.
One of them was Cornucopia in Germany.
On their website it says -next to the part I was interested in- 'Just Ask!' as they have more in stock then shown on the site.
So I did.
Reply came that it would take time to look for the parts.
O.K. no problem with me.
In the meantime a other supplier came up with the wanted parts for a good price.
Then came a quote from Cornucopia, almost twice the price.
I could have chosen not to react on Cornucopia's offer (which often happens to me after sending a estimate),
but I thought it polite to let them know that I had found the wanted parts.
Next message I received from Cornucopia :

"Great Stuff Vincent, You know how much time it takes Will charge you double on any thing you want in the future !"

With 50 years in the trade they still do not have their stock sorted and blame others for having to search for parts .
:thinking_face:
Their website states that Cornucopia is going to close down, I think that is the only option left...

email (option): info@wetblast.nl

Re: Do not disturb....

Can't argue with that...Cornucopia are a well established company and should have their stock availability sorted...I used to deal with Peter Long a lot when he was UK based but that was always 'over the table' at the jumbles....

The response you describe indicates the desire to close down should soon be fulfilled through lack of customers....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Did some reading up on the Cornucopia website.
The person who emailed me this rather blunt answer is a chap called Trevor Brown.
What Cornucopia -I guess Peter Long himself- is writing about him on his website:

" ( we call him "the REVEREND TREVOR" as he thinks he is close to God ! ) In his working days ( Now retired 2008 ) he had some 500 staff to boss around. ( Strange ! some of us get the impression we are still part of the 500 ) "

Looks like they took on the right person for the right job! e.g. closing down:laughing:

email (option): info@wetblast.nl

I purchased some (new!!!) used parts from him a while back. Refused to post to the uk or accept payment from the uk. I had to send funds to a friend in Germany and use his address. What a pain.

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

Nieuwe pagina 1