Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Spacer front mudgaurd

At risk of starting a battle (LOL) I'm taking a survey of these forks. Look closely at the fotos. There are both the long and short.
NOW, take a look at the mudguard anchor of each. They appear to be different lengths.

So, please take a moment, measure what you have and post here.

Many thanks!

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

I have two sets of forks, both long type. Both mudguard anchors measure 1 5/8". My frame is WM2041037 built in early 1941. It probably started out with short forks. Judging from the unpainted metal, the current forks are a later addition to the frame. I can't remember when the long forks were fitted but someone here will. The spacer for the long forks seems to be little understood. I'm looking for a spare & haven't been able to find one locally. The threads on either end of the spacer are identical but if I were to have one made I might have a slightly longer thread on the underside to secure the mudguard. There's plenty of clearance for a 19" tyre.

I did some research on this with Henk some years ago. The order for the amendment to the forks was written up for April 12th 1941 and the change took place at some point during contract C7287 after C4300302. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi bob
I have that distance piece & the small dished washer which fits topside
Both are nos - very clean
Drop me a line if you are still looking for them
Br
Jo’b

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

John
email sent.