The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Bantam John (Sheffield Motorcycles)

I spoke with him prior to the lockdown as I wanted to collect some heavy stuff
He told me that he was seriously ill & said he didn’t think he would be about for much longer after Christmas
I was short for words & wished him best as much as you can when you are landed in that situation
Other than that - I know no more
Jo’b

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

A friend spoke to John on the phone this afternoon - they have been friends since he was a student of John’s when he was a teacher decades ago. John is hanging on but the doctors have been unable to diagnose or find a cause for his ailments. He is direly ill.

Hi Does anyone know if Bantam John is still trading for spares .?

email (option): Julia.paulcurtis@btopenworld.com

Hi
I was with john a few weeks ago he as P.S.P and is going down hill fast.

Ohhh....that looks very serious....

Wow! Not nice at all.

He has my sympathy...I've known Bantam John for years and though some find him hard to deal with I've never had a problem personally...Life can change quickly..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

That's a rotten thing to have. I hope that he's getting the care that he needs in these difficult times.

It doesn't sound as if he's going to be working again. Are the staff still able to run the business ?

Definately not one of my favourite people to deal with, particularly by mail
But I would not wish PSP on my worst enemy.
The only good thing sbout it is thst when terminal it is mercifully fast.
Had a family member die from it , took just over 5 months where as it took my mother 12 years to die inch by inch from the toes up .

I passed the shop a week or so ago and it was open. Friend of mine also bought some bits from there recently. It’s about 10 minutes from where I live.

I understand the business has changed hands so it's probably open with the new owner..Ian

Bantam John has died his stock has passed to his friend Andy Johnson, it is not known as yet whether he will continue selling parts or the whole lot will be sold off

John phelan - bantam John is still alive - his business is in the hands of someone else trading from the same site

John it seems still pops in once a week

Jo’b

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Andrew Johnson is a drug supplier and was arrested last year. He has been accused of grooming and exploiting a young autistic woman which is despicable. I’d stay away from the shop as I don’t think poor John is aware of these arrests and that he is handing over his fortune to a serious criminal.

Strong accusations from someone not prepared to reveal their name....Ian

It’s been witnessed multiple times. He’s not the nice bloke everyone is lead to believe. I’m sure police in SY and Derbs will shed some light

You offer no evidence, you don't suggest where such evidence could be found and you don't state your name...So hardly a fair comment and this forum isn't really the place for it anyway...If this chap has committed a crime it's for the police to deal with it, not a kangaroo court...Ian

Unfortunately due to the seriousness of this I am not prepared to give my name.
He has been seen selling drugs from the shop and with the young disheveled girl on multiple occasions so it doesn’t take a genius to work out. He was seen been arrested at the shop early last year but has carried on as normal so knows what the police have discovered. John should be aware of this. I don’t someone saying what’s fair to write on here, thoughts are with the victims of his crimes and John. There will be a crime reference number I’m sure

Up to this point you are just peddling rumour and I stand by my comment this is not the place for it...Ian

What proof/evidence do you want?!
He was arrested and everyone knows police found substantial amounts of drugs on his person
I know someone who knows of the girl in question and her life’s been screwed up due to this bloke. Wonder what his family think! I don’t know what more evidence you want. The fact he has been peddling drugs behind Johns back is bad enough, exploiting a disabled woman is sickening

'Everyone knows'...I suspect not, though it seems you have an axe to grind....Personally, I don't want any evidence as I have no interest in the matter...What someone does (or doesn't) do with their life is their concern and IMO is not a subject for discussion on a motorcycle forum...Particularly so when the evidence is heresay and its voracity is unproven....I'm not about to condemn anyone on such a basis...

Frankly, it would be more relevant to me whether he runs the business well or not....If he has committed a crime and the police are aware of it I would imagine he would have to answer for that at some point...If he hasn't there's nothing to talk about...Maybe you should ring the police hotline with your information..Ian

As far as I know he has answered to the police and the investigation is ongoing.
The police have their evidence and are aware of this.
I think it has everything to do with the duty of care of an ill bloke who’s giving his livelihood over to a criminal.
I’m sure it doesn’t matter to any of his customers that Andrew is a drug dealing sex offender. No such thing as innocent until proven guilty, there’s no smoke without fire. All I’m asking that people are aware of the allegations, it’s up to them to make their own judgements. I will say no more on the matter

Oh dear was just wondering about John and stumbled on this page. I heard something similar online about funny dealings in the shop and a young girl he said was a family friend but customers said the situation looked somewhat exploitative. I don’t know how true it is but having bought stuff off John in the past it really doesn’t look good that the business has been seemingly past to someone dodgy at best. Hope the wee lass is alright and John is at least aware. Sorry to barge in on the convo!

All the best,

Chris J (w-o-t)

I’d like to make it clear that the previous post on this topic was not made by me. Whilst I have not posted on this forum for quite some time I do still read it regularly. I have no knowledge of the matters being discussed within this thread.

ChrisJ

email (option): chris.joy@btinternet.com

I've asked admin if they'll check out the IP address's of certain contributors. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Sorry should have said my names Chis JOYCE Walton on T

Apologies for any confusion or offence!

Take care

I'm not accusing you Chris. But if someone is using your name, it needs to be checked. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

:laughing: :laughing: ....

No this is Chris JoyCE, not JOY. Appears that is someone else.
Can’t comment on what exactly has happened but it does appear there’s some truth in the above. I couldn’t give two hoots about the man but it does make me very wary buying anything from there anymore. It seems to have rightly ruffled some feathers but regardless of what others views are, if it is true I dont blame people for being angry.

Take care everyone

Nieuwe pagina 1