Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: steering head bearings up grade?

My understanding is that tapered bearings can be obtained & fitted but require some grinding of the inner headstock are to allow fitment - not something I personally would want to do to any frame in that area

The bearings that Ron refers to are modified sealed bearings which have been ground to allow fitting and correct clearances

By all accounts they work well. I have them in my stalled deluxe rebuild here as once fitted - there’s nothing else to do & no greasing required
Br
Jo’b

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

['Either way whats the part number of what I should use? I cant seem to find the correct number at the moment...']

There's no part number for these non standard parts as the bearings have to be altered to suit the application...

They are therefore just sold by description...The ball bearings do not require any modifications to the frame to enable fitment. I've never used the tapered versions personally so couldn't comment on that aspect....If you elect to go for taper bearings remember they must be fitted with some pre load, not free play....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ian Wright
['Either way whats the part number of what I should use? I cant seem to find the correct number at the moment...']

There's no part number for these non standard parts as the bearings have to be altered to suit the application...

They are therefore just sold by description...The ball bearings do not require any modifications to the frame to enable fitment. I've never used the tapered versions personally so couldn't comment on that aspect....If you elect to go for taper bearings remember they must be fitted with some pre load, not free play....Ian
" Supplied by Ian " as per Ron's post ..... Is that you Ian ... How do I get a set of the fit and forget bearings?

email (option): wadeschields@mindspring.com

Mail me off forum...Ian

Ian Wright
Mail me off forum...Ian
Keep me posted Ian

email (option): wadeschields@mindspring.com

Wade...You have e mail....Ian

I put a set of the tapered ones in my M20 and the amount of material you need to remove is very small.

What bearings did you use?

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

I got mine from SRM, they are the same as the A10, A65 etc.

Nieuwe pagina 1