Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Formation Signs on Motorcycles

Tiffie pilots identified their targets. P47s were more of a worry. :face_with_rolling_eyes:

'2' even though it lacks the Corps bar must mean 73rd Anti-tank Regt. in the context of 3 Corps...It does seem as if he liked to have as many markings as possible.

Re: Formation Signs on Motorcycles

Oh no..... the rivet counters will be scrubbing markings off their tanks now :grinning:

Well done for finding that out Rik :+1:

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Re: Formation Signs on Motorcycles 30 Corps RAOC

Another 30 Corps M20, I can't read the census number unfortunatly, it has the white "Corps" bar above the Arm of service serial, but 69 doesn't seem correct?

Rob

02a

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

I wonder if it's an "8" from the Casualty Clearance Station ? Can you read his shoulder title ?

No, but he is wearing a RAOC cap badge in the photo in hospital blues. The 69 is quite faint I wonder if the bike was exchanged by an Infantry Battalion and it hasn't been repainted yet?

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

These Germans take no notice of the rules whatsoever...3rd. Panzer Div., probably early in the Russian campaign....:laughing: ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Originally I thought this was Italy 1944, but I'm now thinking it was more like Greece during the Civil War of 1945.
There is something on the front mudguard, but I can't make it out.

Mark

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

Nieuwe pagina 1