Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Toolbag Triumph, Ariel or something else?

You need to visit this field workshop Bastiaan:yum: There is a tool roll on the middle bike, not that it's clear to see and looks a bit to big for a riders tool roll?

The key shaped thing in your second picture is for the clutch screws, but there doesn't appear to be one in the Triumph kit. The little spanner with the spade end at the bottom of your last pic is a Norton tool. Ron
photo

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Ron and Bastiaan,
The clutch nut key (DA70) I believe appeared in some 3HW parts lists but not all. Funnily enough i took delivery of an NOS one just yesterday.
From what I can make out they were in use in civvy tool kits from the 1930s, and DA70 was the part number for many years. I've not seen any variation in design of the key.

Cheers,
Mark

I haven't checked my 3HW lists yet Mark. Mine is a modern T handle version from Tri-Supply. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Ron,
I have just noticed an error in my previous statement; if Bastiaan's clutch nut is a DA70 it doesn't have the two square holes seen on others (fork spindle size maybe?), so there must be a design variation after all.

Bastiaan - if you want to sell yours let me know, my NOS one is probably wrong for a WW2 kit!! 😆😂

What a great photo Ron!

All the tools in this toolbag are available for a swap against BSA M20 tools. I am only interested in the toolbag itself and I am still looking for the following M20 tools:
-tappet feelers
-spanner tommy bar
-screwdriver attachment
-Romac tyre repair outfit (the early war type)

Regards,
Bastiaan

email (option): wdmotorcycles@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1