Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Air filter...

Having removed the Vokes tank top filter and cut off tank from my M20 I replaced it with the correct for '41 non cut off tank..
However, I'd still like to fit an air filter and to that end I picked up a NOS carb mounted Vokes...This, apart from the gauze pattern, which is easily changed, is a dead ringer for the Burgess filter fitted as standard to my late contract WB30...

So, not the right filter but a more period item for the bikes year of manufacture...I intend to change the gauze and I.D plate and turn it into a Burgess lookalike basically...Naturally the thread is the wrong size for the carb and my question is can anyone tell me the thread size on an M20 pre monobloc carb?....(before I work it out for myself). That will enable me to make up an adapter..Below is a picture of the WB30 Burgess...

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: Air filter...

Hi Ian,

That WB30 looks really nice!

I thought that WB30's had a Talflow air filter fitted?

Talflow013

I have exactly that round type of Burgess filter available for you. Not in NOS condition, but with the adapter to fit it directly to a 276 carb.

Send me a PM and we will send you a few photos.

Regards,
Bastiaan

email (option): wdmotorcycles@gmail.com

Hi Bastiaan...There were multiple versions of the WB30 ranging through prototype, pre production and production types.. Even an all alloy engine version....Mine was from the only full batch produced, for a Royal Navy Contract, and was the later type of bike..(100 machines in the contract)...

These varied in multiple ways from the prototype that you have posted a picture of...I've mailed you ref. the Burgess filter....Ian

Hi Ian its in the Technical section under Amal carburetters. One and 1/4 inch x 24TPI.

Regards
John

email (option): ukcarbsathotmail.com

Thanks John...That should have been the first stop....:flushed: ....Ian

Adapters are available from Hitchcock Motorcycles. So no need to make one.

https://accessories.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/Amal-Carburettors/Air-Intake-Adapter/19215

Nieuwe pagina 1