Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Previously unknown features of the DR coat

Tongue in cheek Ben!! I've never heard of any part of the DR coat being attached to the bike? I would think that movement restrictions would cancel out any protection afforded during hand to hand combat. :grinning: :grinning:

When they're done up properly for riding, they look like a big loose nappy. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hard to imagine anything less aerodynamic than a DR coat...I suppose your could strap a barn door to your back...When it's wet the weight alone is enough to slow down an M20 and as Ron says movement is restricted to say the least...Don't plan on looking behind when the collar is up and the neck cover is fitted...

With it all strapped up and clipped together to turn the lower part into some sort of leg protection, the direct lineage to one piece racing leathers that make the rider look like a monkey when not on the bike is striking....

The next thing is they'll be claiming the tank cut away was for sidearm clearance and the front mudguard stay was beefed up to take a rifle holder....:laughing: ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I thought the cut-out was for the officers piss-tool? But seriously, having practially lived in a DR coat in my pre car days, I can safely say, the snaps are not for attaching the coat to the bike, but they double up as a sort of trousers, if you bend over, and get hold of the rear flap, pull it upwards, then you can attach the front and rear together, making for a more watertight connection. also with heavy rain, and driving with the coat on, when the corner of the coat touches the HT terminal of the spark plug, it does conduct electricity! sure keeps you awake on long runs!

And that it would give you more protection in hand to hand combat is pure nonsense, you can hardly move with it!

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welb**e.net

If you had of met the guy that was selling the coat his listing might have made a little more sense. I think he had been up for a few days and I suspect the money from the sale of his jacket was going directly to his dealer........I thought about correcting him on the brass snaps but then figured I’d leave him with his well crafted thoughts.

email (option): benjamincameron75@gmail.com

seems to be a theme forming with your military attire Ben lol

email (option): taybrig@shaw.ca

Plodding along with 12 - 13 HP one surely need to be as aerodynamic as possible.
Especially going down hill with a tail wind.

One would imagine a better use would be to put a spar across the shoulders and use it as a sail!

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1