Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lucas map/inspection lamp

I wandered if any one can help, I have a 1939 m23 and am lucky enough to have the map/ inspection lamp with it as fitted to the tank top instrumentpanel. I have now got it working having managed to solder wire to the existing little bits of wire on the contacts.( quite a challenge) It all tests fine, but does anyone know what type of bulb this takes, seems as though it has a long section from where the bayonet pins locate to a contact at base of the switch . And any ideas if these are available. Many thanks in anticipation for any help, Dave

email (option): halsalldavid3@gmail.com

Re: Lucas map/inspection lamp

Dave I have tank top insterment panel original bulb that came out says "british made 5v-3w" another same size says "mazda bth 98 6v 3w" one I have in bike now that I got from local supplier in US says"wagner china no#s" 6v silver base and fit. this might help Charlie

email (option): millcrocfarm@gmail.com

Hi Dave

I have 2 switches here in bakelite and brass from my triumph bikes

I'll check to see if bulbs are fitted and let you know what was fitted to them if present

Br
JOB

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Thanks for your help, will check them out

Thank you for your help, l think there is some in internal bulb holder/ contact missing on mine but if yours is brass like mine may l ask if you could send a photo please to see what might be missing? Many thanks

Nieuwe pagina 1