Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Upswept WD muffler

Looking at the lubrication diagram currently on the website reminded me I don't know why the WM20 models have the slightly upswept muffler. It wouldn't have given much advantage when fording streams & such surely? Do we know why the muffler's like this?

Re: Upswept WD muffler

I think it is for that...Every little helps as they say...Also when riding my M20 off road with a horizontal silencer I ended up with a lot of bad dents along the underside...So, a slight improvement in clearance as well would be another reason I'd imagine....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ian
Thanks for the comment. I hadn't thought about the muffler being bashed, I'm an effete modern day WM20 rider who sticks to the roads.* I was thinking mostly about water ingress issues. And as you say, every little bit helps.

*The bike gets some use on paddock patrol on our small landholding, but that 'aint off road, is it?

If I recall correctly there is a small hole in the underside of the M.20 silencer (muffler to those across the pond) and I always assumed this was to allow water/condensation to escape.

email (option): keithchandler@clistandchandler.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1