Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sidecars

Yes Rich the M20 sidecar lugs were made as part of the frame. That is, a lug at the top of the front down tube, one under the saddle and one on the left side by the rear wheel. I don't know if the post war frames all came with sidecar lugs? Probably! But the difference was that there was a lug each side at the rear to accommodate sidecar fitment for overseas users.

A sidecar lugged WM20 frame is a very rare thing and I think must be ex RAF. Here is the one I had for a while. The body on this one is a VP Viper. A very lightweight aluminum replica of the Swallow 8, (which was steel over ash). The Vipers were made post war by the "Variable Pitch Propeller Co". Ron
BSA-sidecar-002
BSA-sidecar-006

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Here is another VP Viper that I owned that was attached to my 16H. This one was bought by a forum member as I just wanted the bike as a solo.

16H-164
16H-044
And yet another one I had fitted to my WD/CO. These Vipers are quite hard to find nowadays, but I've taken the medication and got them out of my system now!
Scan-20200827

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Great looking rigs Ron !
Appreciate the SC info. I had a 1981 Harley FLT I put a California Sidecar on it.
Had it set up pretty nice, handling etc. But, it's gone to acquire other bikes too.
Ride Safe !
Rich

email (option): richbriskie@gmail.com

Hi, Ron's sidecar in the photos is a good medium but if you want to learn more you can view mine, I give you two youtube links, my sidecar in the video corresponds exactly to the one in the photos and is an original swallow entirely in iron and wood!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHzlHcM-Uo8&t=27s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPVY1sI9mKA

email (option): marcoleo1967@gmail.com

Hello Marco !
Thank you for the information about Swallow SC's
I will have to check out your u tube postings.
Rich B

Hello Marco !
Thank you for the information about Swallow SC's
I will have to check out your u tube postings.
Rich B

Nieuwe pagina 1