Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Water in points

That sounds to me as a real reason of wet points. on all our BSA trips through France and the alps we had a few days of heavy rain. When the bikes stopped at a gas station and engine off, they wouldn't start again, For that reason i carries a little gas burner with me, to make them dry again, it worked. the next trip to Poland this year we kept the bikes outside in very heavy rain and one of the four bikes didnt start at the morning. the points were sealed with with old bicycle tubes, cutter in pieces. normally no water could come in, we also have side stands, so that water could drop out. could it come from the other side? running through the magdyno? that would make sense to me, and the cable idea as well... Anyway, after a half an hour you keep it running again... thats what makes fun of this old bikes... greets Jarek

email (option): jarek@jareksgarage.de

That happens. Te prevent it happening you might cover the bike up overnight. And make sure you have a dry cloth👍

email (option): bsawm20@hotmail.com

I think most things have been covered...apart from...only go to places where it doesn't rain a lot...Ian:laughing:

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

You had a good sun tan there Ian.

Nieuwe pagina 1