Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ariel CP Gearbox

I have been repairing a Ariel CP gear box which had a broken lever bracket and had been patched up with a couple of steel angle each side of the lever, I have now welded a new lever bracket, the kick start lever return spring was broken so I have fitted a new one but I still have one problem, that is the kick start stop on the return, according to the only literature I have it should have a rubber stop. Does anyone know about these boxes and have a part number for this rubber stop? plus some sort of clear diagram, all I've got is a built up piece with a small hole in it.
Thanks in advance TTJohn

email (option): Jomichael@aol.com

Re: Ariel CP Gearbox

Did one last year, Draganfly motorcycles stock them. It's a steel cased rubber bush.

Tim.
Thanks mate, I thought it was something like that, do you think that Les might have some at Russells as I prefer dealing with them, always think Dragonfly are too dear and normally have to put things on back order.

Regards TTJohn

Hi TT John,

Les may have one but if old stock i think the rubber will have deteriorated and most likely gone hard. I cannot remember the pice of this new part but it was not much.

Tim W

Hi Tim.
I actually had to go to Dragonfly as Russells are shut till the 12th, price was £6-75 so not too bad and they had them as stock item, which makes a refreshing change for them.

TTJohn

Nieuwe pagina 1