Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: M20 tyre size

They will fit but you have to deflate the rear tyre to get it under the mudguard. Not a good idea! It doesn't do much for the handling either. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Aloha,

When I bought my M21 basket case it came with two un-used K81 TT100 19 x 4.10. I fitted them just cause I had them and to see what it looked like. They certainly are not made for the type of riding that you do on a M20 and the handling is perhaps kinda funny since they are made for leaning in and scraping foot pegs going round Isle of man and such. But then again I have only ever driven this one M20 so I don't know what I am missing out on.

They do however look real cool I think! I am not all that into the stock-look when it comes to bikes. Coming sort of from the world of choppers and custom builds.

Best regards,

Simon

email (option): simon.jedvik@gmail.com

I found it handled like a barge with the larger tyre on the front...Ditto Rons comments about getting the rear one in as well...

A wide front tyre isn't too good if you go off road either...However, I don't like the narrow front tyre on an M20 so I compromise with 350 x 19 at both ends...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I use a 350 x 19 size front & rear. I think a ribbed front tyre improves the cornering.

I use Dunlop K70s front and rear with no discernible limits on cornering. However, with tyres I think it's often as much about what you feel relaxed with as it's actual performance...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

3.50 x 19 ribbed front
Unfortunately down here it have to be a V rated tyre, a little quicker than the M20 will go
And a K 81 on the rear
I like the handeling better with the rib on the front and have found in general girders seem to handle better with a ribbed front.

But again it is very much a rider prefference.

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

Thank you all for that great input! I think that you have helped me make up my mind. Since I'm going to put the front mudguard on the back (none on the front) I'll make it fit with the big tyre. I currently run a BMW R80 chopper on knobblies so I hope I'll cope with the reduced handling capabilities. Thanks again one and all.

email (option): arbtraining@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1