The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: WD Norton website

Hello jan,

I did not have access to Spanish Army records but found that information in an article on a Spanish website more than a year ago.
I need to trace back where. I should have copied the URL but for some reason I did not.
Fading memory does not help and I really need to copy URL's as soon as I find something useful.

I will ask a Spanish gentlemen (now retired)I worked with years ago if he is willing to search for information.
Not knowing any spanish myself makes searching very difficult.

Will let you know if there is any progress.

Cheers,

Rob

email (option): wd16h@telfort.nl

Think this was "fake news" Rob... I've also searched the Spanish internet for more information on the Civil War Brit Bikes, but they are all copying each other, inclusive (a lot of) obvious errors.

The original documents, if they still survive, will be hidden somewhere in the "Salamanca Papers". I have tried to have a look at these, but no luck so far...

Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Hello Jan,

I do not believe it is "fake" news. At least not on the Nortons.

The amount of MC's mentioned in the article was only 2 off from what I could find in the assy book pages we copied.
As we did not copy 100% of all pages it may wel be incomplete. A single entry on a page could easily have been missed.

I only found 10 entries with sidecars while the article claimed 40. The remaining 30 could have been added by Psalty before delivery.

Will see if my Spanish contact can do/find something.

Cheers,

Rob

email (option): wd16h@telfort.nl

Nieuwe pagina 1