Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: American owners ?

I have two. One is a KM20 1939 and a great runner. Number two is a basket case matching number WM20 1944. Needs work.

I am a reactor with the Big Red One organized in eastern PA. We do tons of events during normal times.

Many were imported into the US in the 1960’s. WM20 sold for $175 dollars. South Carolina and Florida were hot spots for importation.

email (option): cbhaws@verizon.net

There are lots of ex WD M20s in the USA, many are listed on Henk's frame numbers page, see column two.

http://www.wdbsa.nl/Frame%20and%20engine%20numbers.htm

For matching frames and engines Australia is the place to look.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Even a few 16H's running about. :-)

email (option): sam-cormier@hotmail.com

Charlie Haws
I have two. One is a KM20 1939 and a great runner. Number two is a basket case matching number WM20 1944. Needs work.

I am a reactor with the Big Red One organized in eastern PA. We do tons of events during normal times.

Many were imported into the US in the 1960’s. WM20 sold for $175 dollars. South Carolina and Florida were hot spots for importation.
Very cool ... We may meet one day then since you are in the middle of my stumping grounds and if we wind up at a reenactment at the same time that would be great. Is there a website or something showing the events ahead of time.... ?

Where are you located? I'm in Maine.

email (option): jamescusteau@yahoo.com

James Custeau
Where are you located? I'm in Maine.
I split my time between NYC and Central PA .... Prefer to ride in PA but the shop I hang out at is in NYC... Sixth Street Specials.... Bikes in both places so I can ride anywhere if I decide too. WM20 is in NYC right now so I can look at it easier to determine what parts I need. I will probably try to finish it in PA... If it needs motor work then I may enlist the help of the shop here... I havent told them that I bought it yet since I feel a little obsessed and have accumulated more projects then any one person needs... But I will persevere... :)

Our group is http://big-red-one.org/.

You should check out the Mid Atlantic Air Museum. WWW.maam.org
They have a huge event the first week in June. 2020 was canceled, but we are hopeful about this year.
1700 reenactors, many WWII airplanes doing air shows all day.
Reenactors fighting battles all over the grounds all day long.
2019 attendance on Saturday alone was 50,000 people.

Check out BROLHO on Facebook for lots of pictures. By the way we are always looking for new recruits. Let me know if interested.
Charlie.

Charlie Haws
Our group is http://big-red-one.org/.

You should check out the Mid Atlantic Air Museum. WWW.maam.org
They have a huge event the first week in June. 2020 was canceled, but we are hopeful about this year.
1700 reenactors, many WWII airplanes doing air shows all day.
Reenactors fighting battles all over the grounds all day long.
2019 attendance on Saturday alone was 50,000 people.

Check out BROLHO on Facebook for lots of pictures. By the way we are always looking for new recruits. Let me know if interested.
Charlie.
Thanks I will check those links out and learn more about it.... The WM20 I just picked up last week needs quite a lot to be ready for any events. I hope that it will be a runner by next summer... Ive seen video of it running several years ago but it was not started since then. Every nut and bolt seems to be loose or missing... The gearbox moves around like jello so I need to sort it out . Lots to do but my interest is peaked. Big Red One seems to be right in my backyard so that is a plus !
Thanks

It looks like if you left your bike outside that NY shop for too long it would end up a nice shade of graffiti:thinking_face: Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Ron Pier
It looks like if you left your bike outside that NY shop for too long it would end up a nice shade of graffiti:thinking_face: Ron
lol Surprisingly not . Its a really great shop. Scottish guy started it in the mid 80's and he has been keeping the vibrant Britbike universe thriving in NYC ever since... Although now they have a new mechanic that was a head mechanic at Team Obsolete for years... So now they are working on more exotics as the word gets out... At one time or another a magazine in every country in the world has done an article about them... In fact Classic Bike (Sept) issue has an article on them again... It might be a rerun of an older article . not sure. Ill have to read it... Not just look at the pictures... lol

Since I got my first M20 in 1988, I've seen at least 30 others in the General Detroit and northern Ohio area-almost always still in postwar Bronze Green, just as they were auctioned off. I know others in this area who have one, or several. There's always a few for sale at the Antique Motorcycle meet in Wauseon, Ohio every year. Other WD bikes are very rare around here,though. I've only seen one 16H around here, many years ago at "British Only". It was civilianized, and for sale at $2500, which was out of my reach at the time.

email (option): m20wc51@yahoo.com

Hello fellow BSA M-20, this "Side of the Pond" owner !
Just read your post.
I am asking the Same Question. Thankful to own a 1942 WD M-20, I too, would enjoy meeting fellow rider/owners in the USA !
I have been to the WW 2 meet, at the "Mid Atlantic Air Museum" at least 5 times and have not seen any Beezas. I did see a Military Matchless , but that was all.
Hopefully, This year, they will Have the Meet. I'm hoping to get my bike up there.
Any interest in sharing bike info/photos/ Perhaps a Ride ?
Let me know.
Perhaps I can shed some light on your bike as well as far as how I got mine running etc.
Throw me an Email if you like !
I'm enjoying riding around the back roads of Pennsylvania 🇺🇸.
It would be real cool to have a pack/ small convoy of the ole girls riding around the country side 👍
Rich Briskie
Manheim, Pa.
richbriskie@gmail.com
Ride Safe !

email (option): richbriskie@gmail.com

I've seen WM20s in Wisconsin too!

cheers, Scott D

Hello! I'm an American (Cleveland Ohio!) and have a 1957 M21. I have not seen any other M20 or M21. I'm not sure I'd make it to PA with the bike but it would be fun to get some folks together!

The best place for that is in Reading at the WWII weekend. We start loading in on Thursday, but the show starts Friday. Aircraft that did get in on Thursday or Friday they descend Saturday morning.
Friday is the convoy to downtown Reading. We used to have a big gun battle in the streets, but some woman got too close and took a hot casing down her shirt. She threatened to sue everyone. The City of Reading crumpled and discontinued the gun battle. Maybe someone should have checked if she really gotten burned or was just a plant to stop all the fun.
Anyway we still have a big convoy and then have pizza with the Germans. The gun battle was more fun.

Nieuwe pagina 1