Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 533 BASE WK/SHOPS manual.

Yes I always thought that about the Month Lex. But you told me it was a model number????? But a model 3 or 6 or 7 doesn't make any sense?

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Yes, that little Indian is gem.

I bought a running wreck of a 1946 Indian Chief 74 when I was 18 and turned it out as a bobber, with a 21' front wheel, minimal mudguards, small seat on the frame. Had to sell it to finish my education, but rode it hard for 4 years. It backfired through the Linkert carb and caught my trousers on fire before I re-lapped the intake valves.

Jeff

email (option): jjbandoo@aol.com

Hi Ron,can only find one other ref to 74 in the manual,its on the lube chart,533 BASE WK/SHOPS was in Abbassia which is a suburb of Cairo,did a google search on it,its a large barracks,British army left in 1947,there is a video on youtube.

Cheers Steve, but Jeff explained about the Cubic Inch rating that is a US thing and had me confused.

The illustrations seem to show the 340 outfit that were supplied to France (Engine/frame prefixed CAV) I restored one as a solo for a mate. This is one of the 300+ that were reallocated to UK after Paris fell.

Ron
DSCF1124

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks for that, Ron!

Bruce.

email (option): btcoop77069@aol.com

Nieuwe pagina 1