Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BSA starting production in the UK 2012

Just read and article the Indian folks are going start building BSA’s in the UK again. They say near Small Heath, but no exact location.
First they are introducing gasoline powered bikes then followed by electric bikes.
Maybe they can also make some MW20 parts while they are at it.

email (option): cbhaws@verizon.net

Re: BSA starting production in the UK 2012

They do make M20 parts already. But nothing I'd really want to fit to mine. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

They are going to make BSA’s in the UK not India. You guys can certainly do a better job.

By the way can I fit a MO1L on a 1944 WM20?

Charlie Haws
Just read and article the Indian folks are going start building BSA’s in the UK again. They say near Small Heath, but no exact location.
First they are introducing gasoline powered bikes then followed by electric bikes.
Maybe they can also make some MW20 parts while they are at it.
You can believe it when you see them rolling off a production line.
Considering how long it takes to get a factory built then a production line inside that factory built & comissioned I seriously doubt they will get enough bikes off the line to pay for the installation of the line before the registration of new petrol powered motorcycles is banned 2030 in Sweeden & Norway from memory .
Down here they are talking about bringing in a 2035 date for private vehicles .

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

It's what they are going to make that interests me at this point...I note they say 'assembled' not 'manufactured' in the article....The UK has now got on the 2030 deadline as well...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I am afraid it is just a badge - meaningless until the product is seen and evaluated.

email (option): keithchandler@clistandchandler.co.uk

Mahindra aren't known for their speed of action either...It could be a long wait...Ian

Charlie Haws
They are going to make BSA’s in the UK not India. You guys can certainly do a better job.

By the way can I fit a MO1L on a 1944 WM20?
As far as I know, it's only an assembly plant. Production is probably on it's way now. I read that they're first waiting to see what happens with Brexit.

The MO mags are all about the same with the differences being the positions of the HT pickup, The adv/ret cable and Rotation (which can be reversed by changing the face cam).

For an M20 (to be correct) It should be Anti clock rotation from the drive end, pickup on the rear side of the mag and cable also on the rear side of the mag (Tight wire advance) Although the mag will still work just as well with HT and cable on the front side (slack wire advance)

Ron

I did not realize you guys were under a no new petrol ban in 10 years. Maybe by then they can figure out how to lower the pollution from your power stations, figure how to mine the rare earths need for new battery production, and figure a way to recycle the used batteries without polluting the planet.
Forget about solar, I have visited the UK many times. Even if solar worked you should see the pollution that is caused manufacturing solar panels. How about wind? What happens when the wind stops ? You still need to produce electricity with normal sources. Plos we are having issues with recycling the blades and turban parts. They just dump them in a landfill. Makes sense to me because the green new deal experts, a woman who was a bartender before she got elected to Congress and a high school drop out. Yes that is who I am going to take my Q’s from.

Oh by the way can a M01L be fitted to a 1944 WM20? Having a hard finding a M01.

I've always thought wave power to be a more sensible option for the UK...We're facing the Atlantic and the waves never stop...Ian

Ian you are right. Wave power is reliable. You guys designed and build the floating harbors of WWII, you should be able to design something to harness wave power.

What about fitting a MO1L on a 1944 WM20. Would one fit?

Thanks

Charlie I already responded about the mag a few posts back which you have either missed or chosen to ignore? The mags are the same apart from the differences that I laid out previously. The 'L' stands for long generator fitted. Fit a short one and you have an MO1. Ron

According to Motorcycle News dated February 2020 motorcyles will not be included in the initial ban only petrol and diesel vehicles. They quote a date for UK 2035.

email (option): tknalder@iinet.net.au

Hi all, this topic should be read as: UK 2021 😂

John

email (option): john.kater@chello.nl

Sorry Ron I missed your posting.
It was not there and then it was.
Thanks for clearing this up for me. I greatly appreciate your responses.
I am getting the bike broken down. What I do not get is the bolt head sizes. Several are not Withworth, nor US, nor metric. The heads look in good shape. I just do not get hey my assortment of wrenches do not fit.
Thanks again,
Charlie

Charlie I often have to resort to three sets of spanners when I strip a bike down. There is usually a mixture of Whitworth, AF and metric. I can't think of any others? (BA mag spanners too)

There are differences to the way the mag base dowels are fitted which is easily overcome with general ingenuity. Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1