Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Current homepage photo

Nice shot of some young women working on an M20. Isn't there a picture of a young Lizzie Windsor with an M20?

Re: Current homepage photo

Never seen Lilibet with a motorcycle. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks for the reply Ron. I'm thinking of a photo I saw only a month or so ago. But perhaps I misrecognised the person.
That's a nice shot you've put up. Is it colourised, or was a Royal worthy of a colour shot at the time?

Bob I expect this is the picture that you are referring to? It's an ATS girl training on an impressed Royal Enfield 250 Model D. The picture has been bandied around for years, erroneously declaring to be "Her Madge".
her-madj-zpsaapxipa1
In fact the picture appeared in "The Motorcycle" in 1942 when she was just 15 years old. She didn't attend ATS training until she was 18 and I think it was actually 1945.
ATS-training

The colour picture is from a small series with the Tilly and K2 ambulance. I don't know if it was colour film or tinted?? Ron

Good extra shots there Ron. I can see the resemblance. Now I have to think about it I'm not sure which photo I saw. Anyway, not a big deal.

It's quite feasible that there was also a publicity shot of Princess Liz with a bike? I'd like to see it if there is one. Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1