Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Soldier of fortune pannier bags.

Reproduction pannier bags from www.sofmilitary.co.uk,if you type motorcycle pannier bags into the search products box pictures should show.

Re: Soldier of fortune pannier bags.

Interesting, but why they all make the same mistakes, of attaching the leather corners too low on the bags is strange!! normally they are almost level to the top ridge, at least on my originals.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welb**e.net

I have about 50-50 both types original bags. Without spending much time, it looks like the bags with the lower corners are about 1" taller.
Ron
DSCF3330
DSCF3331

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I've found on some pattern bags the 2" cross straps are so short it's barely possible to do them up...I'd be interested to know the lengths of both of those straps on an original set...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ian I just measured the straps on two pairs of NOS bags. the longer mail straps are 8" and 8 1/2". The buckle strap including the buckle are both 4 1/2". A used pair measure at 9" and 5" respectively, but these have probably stretched with use and weather. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks Ron...That makes approx. 12 1/2" for both straps...The pattern ones quote 11" for the longer strap but no dimension for the shorter one (annoyingly)...I guess a phone call is required before ordering to clarify that point....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1