Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Armour

Good luck with your search, Tom. Riding without appropriate protection is the preserve of those who will never have any accident, and if they do then they have paid their taxes and are entitled to have the NHS fix them up again.

email (option): fergusanckorn@icloud.com

Hi Ferg, thanks for the offer, but I will need a slightly smaller size, as I want it to fit snugly under my sweater.

email (option): tomillward@hotmail.com

OK, Tom up to you. I got out the clothing in question - its a Forcefield Pro X-V Shirt with matching pants. These are top of the line and they are really a sort of lycra type close fitting shirt and pants with armour inserts for chest, elbows, back, etc that you can adapt to your own needs by slipping them in or out or adding another layer. The size is Large and that is going to fit most men of average build as it IS stretchy and you need not to be too tight or catching you under the armpits or too short at the wrists and waist etc. Means you can wear battledress and jerkin on top and BD trousers comfortably. The pants have hip and knee protectors. Still look as new as only worn on a few longer road rides with DR gear on. I can email you photos if you are interested.

I guess it's just about how you see the world, where you see the risks and how you feel you should mitigate them...At the end of the day it's an individual choice and you do what you think is best...Different choices in this matter don't make people smarter or dumber as you indirectly infer...

You could make your kids wear goggles to play conkers, you could wear body armour on a bicycle, you could put this on to cross the road...

You could walk down the road without a mask in these covid times...
There's risks everywhere out there and an infinite number of ways to injure yourself...Even the diet you choose could end up killing you....

Personally I don't ride my bike naked and do wear a helmet, gloves, decent boots and a leather jacket and that combo has served me well over the years...Body armour would raise the game, airbags in my jacket (they make them) might make it even safer, I could limit my bike to 30mph, ride a trike or I could drive a car...I'm just grateful I don't look at my motorcycle as an overt threat to my safety...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1