Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Rescuing my Raf WD Norton Part 3

Thanks for your opinion Scott never mind anyone pointing out stuff as I love learning an always open to opinions on how to do things better, one thing I've learnt in life is you never stop learning.

Not that I really wanted to get into it as it's personal but regarding the comment on the other bikes not being cheap as I mentioned in my previous post they were done before we lost our family company even then when I was doing 70+ hour weeks printing I didn't go out partying on holidays etc every penny I earnt just goes into my bikes been quite a traumatic time my dads youngest bro in his 40s got diagnosed with terminal cancer just as we lost the company so in one way at least I've been able to spend some time with him and make sure hes ok as can be we are all very close.

I got the WD bike to honour my Gramps who we lost and to try and heal myself a bit after my life being flipped upside down when we lost the company as I had a huge passion for what we did an really poured my heart and soul into it. Hoping to go and retrain in a totally different industry just seeing what gets affected with this covid stuff while helping my dad sort his stuff out.

Even then on the 650ss I was learning as I do stuff.

The Commando was a gutter as I got my fingers burnt on that by someone via one of the owners club never bought a fully restored bike before was meant to be fully restored but alas as I said in the previous post the engine was full of glass media which meant I had to strip her an didn't get to use her as I wanted back then.

650SS was my first go at painting a bike the gloss stuff is so much easier than this matt painting and I'm still learning tons on that as I'm riding and using her as a daily.

Learnt a load as everyone said sometimes the only way to learn is to get stuck in and have a go an learn by your mistakes an yep I've made a load of mistakes as I've been doing it :)

I've learnt through going through the pain barrier of getting stuck in an figuring out how to do stuff not got anyone showing me just the kind advice of everyone when I bombard them with questions which I always appreciate everyone taking the time out of there days to reply I wouldn't have got this far without the advice.

As with many these are really bad times, out of work at the moment having to look at retraining hence the shoestring budget.

I'm still trying to make any progress where I can as an when funds allow as my main priority at the moment is to get her to the point where I can ride her.

Plan is stuff like field stands rear racks can be done a little later. I'm thinking now that the best bet after speaking to one of my friends into his Norton's is to get her running so I can enjoy riding her an come back to the things like throttle etc at a later date when I'm in a better position.

So next step is to get a carb + a wiring loom an sort the regulator out, need to order some more paint at some point as well as I've ran out oops!

I did take the paint right back to metal on any areas that were rusted an treated them so they wont cause any issues thanks to the advice of everyone.

Keep the opinions an advice an comments coming everyone :) I love learning an hopefully others can learn from my mistakes I make an in the future when the next lot of youngsters come up in the years to come I can pass some of the knowledge onto them like you are kindly all passing onto me really we are all just custodians of amazing pieces of history that we actually get to enjoy as well and remember our relatives and loved ones every time I look at the bike I think of all the memories I had with my gramps she certainly is a very emotional bike for me to own and like the other norton's a bike I'll never part with. Lest we Forget :)

email (option): tjsblade@googlemail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1