Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: is this an M21 crank?

Cas please continue with the geography lesson. Hawaii became the (last) 50th state of America in 1959. Therefore does that mean the whole island group? Is the TV show Hawaii Five Oh based on the island Oahu? I've seen snippets of the show but never really watched it. Of course Pearl Harbour was also at Oahu, but again always referred to as Hawaii. :thinking_face: Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

In the 50's the importer for the Hawaii Islands was Shuberts Cyclery Stores, corner of Archer and South Kings Streets, Honolulu, Hawaii...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I could only find 'Archer Lane' off South Kings Street on Google maps and it looks like a hotel has been built on the corner....Ian

Correction, it's a tower block of flats...Ian

Cas
Thanks for the update.
Living outside Adelaide, I'm an ex neighbour of the M21 you did up. I still call my bike an M20 (1941) but it's now 600 & I agree that for road riding nowadays these are a better bet.
Thanks for the invitation to visit. If I ever come I'll bring you a kangaroo. They can be kept quite easily in grass huts.

hi Ron,
I never thought I'd be giving a geography lesson on a motorcycle forum....

The group of 8 islands is the state of Hawaii, but the main island is Oahu where the capitol Honolulu is situated. Both the old and new versions of Hawaii five oh were recorded there as was Jurasic Park and Gilligan's island (for those of us old enough to remember). Hawaii island is normally called the Big Island which helps to help reduce confusion. I came here about 12 years ago for a short contract job and saw absolutely no reason to leave.

There are a handful of old brit bike geezers scattered throughout the state but very few on the Big Island, and even fewer Beeza riders.

email (option): cas.vanderwoude@gmail.com

Thanks Cas, I'm fully enlightened now. They had to rearrange the "Star Spangled Banner" because of the extra two post war states:- Hawaii and Alaska :relaxed: Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1