WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Message from Wicky Bannenberg

IMG-20201016-WA0004

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Message from Wicky Bannenberg

I am back in the hospital after a 9 day stay for The China Virus. I got great treatment, but it appears now I caught a bad case of bacterial pneumonia. I was home for 14 days and just got worse.
Now I am here so far 7 days. I may be released early next week. Improving, but still cannot maintain 02 levels.
This thing is no shit. Mine was not caught early because I was in great shape and asymptomatic. I went to the hospital for intestinal pain. They said oh by the way you have Covid.
Got experimental drugs, but almost to late. Overall outcome is uncertain. They do expect me to survive.
Be careful and wear a masK and wash your hand and never touch anything on your face with unwashed hands. .
Yes I see the report of 85% of Covid victims wore masks. I wore one even while riding the bikes. I still got it and this thing is not to be messed with.
It can kill you and or leave you sucking for air.

email (option): cbhaws@verizon.net

Dear charlie,

I'm sorry to hear your health is at big risk and I wish you get well soon! My picture was not ment to offend you or anybody else and again sorry if I did.

Regards, Wicky

Winky,
You have in no way offended me. I want to get the word out that this can really mess you up. Maybe if I could have stayed home and drank I would be better off. I know I want to work on my bikes. My wife is not as healthy as I am so I did all the shopping. On the flip side I have Covid and my wife has stayed Covid free. Go figure, she is tougher then I am. She has been taking care of me before we knew I had it.
Winky I am glad you shared that picture. It made me laugh. I am getting better and will get back on my bikes. I have not been on a motorcycle in over a month. I usually ride several times a day. Only rain keeps me off the roads. We like along the New Jersey USA Shore. Great places to ride.
I got the bike for my WWII re-enacting. I am part of the 1st ID Recon Mechanized. We use our motorcycles for convoy control. The group has 4 Harley WLA’s, 4 Indians, a Matchless and noW a BSA.

I also have the Desert Rats shorts and top. I am getting a fake Sten Gun and a real Mark 1. I may get an outfit for the Desert Rats after Montgomery brought them to the ETO.
It is all about keeping the sacrifices alive by educating the younger generations. I get a big kick out of letting little kids handle WWII guns. Adults are surprised about how much an MI weighs. The Reading PA WWII Weekend we have 1700 reenacors 30 air planes, hundreds of WWII vehicles and thousands of guns and 10,000’s of blanks. We live in our camps with full field kitchens. Some guys sleep under their vehicles.
I really hope this Covid thing does not ruin another season.

email (option): cbhaws@verizon.net

I think that's pretty funny

And

I'm taking covid very seriously

I hope you get better very soon Charlie

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Get well promptly you diehard.

Sorry to hear about your health Charlie.
I fear for all of the USA residents , let alone just the ones I know from the various forums .
It is a problem when a government cares more about the dividends of shareholders than the health of their population .

As for riding during covid,
Slip some hand wipes into your jacket .
When you refill, leave your gloves on while you are filling the tank, doing the tyres etc then slip them off.
Go pay come back, wipe your hands then wipe your gloves ( where the Covid packets are likely to be ) & toss the used wipes into the bin before remounting and leaving.

If you have a service station that has a credit card on the pump payment, all the better.
And try to fill when there is no one else there.
Remember if the attendant has Covid an they have been sitting in the shop for hours then all of the air in the room will be contaminated .

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

Nieuwe pagina 1