Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BSA M20 etc. complete big ends..

I'm considering getting a small batch of UK manufactured big ends for M20s/21s, B31s/33s...They'll be a good price if I can get an order together...Anyone interested?....£170 plus postage at cost...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: BSA M20 etc. complete big ends..

I'll have one!
Need a deposit up front?

I would like one please. Do you need a deposit?

Ian,

May I ask why? This is a part available from a number of vendors. A new one in the UK is on ebay for £152 and I can buy BSA made ones here in the USA for less than that. I have two spare ones at the moment so don't need another. Your price is certainly good but this is not a rare or unobtainable part?

Bruce

The same here in Holland 😀
John

email (option): john.kater@chello.nl

£170 is cheaper than Alpha bearings, the main supplier, and they add VAT on top of that! Draganfly are asking £270

Personally I would be suspect of one for £150 without knowing exactly where it comes from and why it is so cheap.

So I reckon £170 from a reputable supplier (Ian :laughing: ) is a bargain.

Cheers
Pete

there are quite a few on UK ebay for £100 or so.....from India

email (option): petercomley@web.de

I can't vouch for anything sold by anyone else so have no idea of the quality or origin of what is on offer for £150....

Pete C has noted the prices of the Alpha big end as supplied by Alpha themselves or by Draganfly and others and I'd say that is typical generally....As my price is less than Alpha and £100+ vat less than Draganfly I think that could reasonably be described as a good price...

I will make some money out of it and I make no excuse for that as I do have to organise it and do all the shipping, packing etc. etc. However, I'm not selling this particular big end assembly at the typical commercial price...That's because I still have contacts within the trade to obtain the parts but don't have to trade at commercial prices as I'm now retired...
What is being offered here is being offered because I can and because it is beneficial to the users of this forum. I'm not getting rich out of it. I haven't made this offer anywhere else and don't intend to...
It's the same with the forged pistons I sell, you can't buy them at the price I sell them for unless you buy a minimum of 10 pistons... Very soon I will make a similar offer on new M20 oil pumps...

If, however, you feel you can do better somewhere else on any of these parts then do so by all means...:relaxed: Ian

Ian, yes please put me down for big end bearings. Very good timing for me as I was planning to get them done over winter.
Let me know if you need a deposit.

email (option): deansouthall@phonecoop.coop

I'll run this till the middle of next week before getting them in...I've noted any requests so far and will be in touch off forum....Ian

Can I have one please.
Richard.

email (option): richard177smith@btinternet.com

Last chance today for these...I've noted everyone who has expressed an interest so far and will be in touch shortly.....Ian

Hi Ian, I had just as well have one to make up a spare crank. I am down to Weir Quay most weeks so can collect if that's OK. I can Pm or phone if needed. Cheers Pat

Mail me off forum please Pat...Ian

Hi Pat...Please contact me off forum ref. big ends a.s.a.p...Ian

Hi Ian message sent.

Cheers Pat

The list is now closed for the big ends...Ian

Hi Ian,
Darren Wrudd has pointed me in your direction.
I’m very interested in your product, rather than one made
from melted down baked bean tins, or some such!
I have emailed you and I look forward to your reply.
Thanks, Tim.

email (option): timmykins@icloud.com

E mail sent....Ian

Performance Engineering Services make them Ian.

BSA M20 M21 B31 B33 Big End Kit PES 65-0486A 38mm silvercage bearing

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

Nieuwe pagina 1