Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
oil pump drive

Hi everybody,

some time ago I bought a spare oil pump spindle and pinion.
The question is, are there any different models of these ? (m20, b31 etc etc)
Like the number of tooth and the point for the valve timing.
Or are they all the same and can I be sure they will fit my m20 ?
(I hope my English is correct)

Re: oil pump drive

Hello Michel,

As far as I know, M20, M21, B31,32,33 and B34 gold star should cross fit.
(At least the spindle PN 66-2620)

BR,
Noam.

email (option): noam10@gmail.com

I would suggest you check Ian's comments in this thread as well

http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3155626639&frmid=16&msgid=1400370&cmd=show

cheers
Pete

email (option): petercomley@web.de

I concur with Ian's findings. I fitted one to my rebuilt engine some years ago, and when I turned the engine by hand, I could only get half a revolution of the crank before it locked up. Fortunately Ian sold me a good second hand original. Imagine the devastation for someone who used their kickstart :scream: Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Wow Ron,

It is good you found the culprit before damage was done.

I tried to use the same part many years ago from an Indian origin, and got a very hard and noisy motor,
When turned by hand, still on the work bench.
I replaced it with a use original, and all smoothened immediately.

Cheers,
Noam.

I see the Indians are now offering the crank pinion as well as the drive shaft...Perhaps they both have the same fault and work well together...:laughing: ...Or perhaps not...

Personally, the thought of stressed engine components running with Indian manufacturing specifications and patchy quality control should make anyone question their sanity if they are prepared fit them...What music would you like played at your funeral?....

These parts can be purchased from reputable suppliers of Gold Star engine parts such as Autocycle Engineering.....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I agree Ian.

I confined myself to "harmless" Indian parts, such as a clone of "Smiths" speedo,
(And keep my WD NOS speedo at home, I feel better..(-: ) or light switch and bulbs.
I would never use a part which can potentially damage the engine or cause catastrophic driving failure if brake during riding,
Such as the new produced girder fork ...

Noam.

Nieuwe pagina 1