Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Regulator/Control box position

Hello everyone,

I'm moving my MCR2 control box from its temporary home in the toolbox back to the rear mudguard. More room for tools is always a good idea.

My rear mudguard has no mounting holes in it. Where approximately should the box go under the saddle, relative to the cross member? Before I start drilling holes I thought I'd better ask....

All advice gratefully received!

Best wishes,

Allan

email (option): allanmatchless@yahoo.com

Re: Regulator/Control box position

Get a length of steel strap longer than the distance between the rear seat pillars
drill & fit it to the bottom of the pillar and then heat the strap to twist it to around 45 deg to pillar bolts.
So it is now mounted to the pillar bolt and you hae no extra holes in your mudguard.

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

The original regulator would have been the shorter MCR1 and mounted on two short studs bolted through the rear mudguard just behind the cross tube. Seen fairly clearly in this pic. Ron

C4347367-2

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks so much for these responses, Ron and Trevor. They're most helpful. From Ron's photo it looks as if the control box is very close to the cross member, which is useful to know. I can eyeball it from there. I like Trevor's idea, too, which might be a good way to go, too.

Best wishes, Allan

email (option): allanmatchless@yahoo.com

Nieuwe pagina 1