Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Indian made girder forks

Original forks are going to cost a fair bit but I would say compared to the Indian items they are worth the money for a good clean set...As noted the Indian offerings have been discussed here previously on more than one occasion....

I've examined two sets closely with a view to drawing an unbiased conclusion...That conclusion was I wouldn't take a set as a gift and don't feel they are fit for purpose on a number of different measures. Namely, the basic ones of dimensional accuracy, material specifications and production methods....

Some have used them and seem to apply the thinking that if they haven't broken yet they must be OK...I guess that works until the day they do break and it's not really a logical argument in their favour based on any sort of standard that could be taken seriously....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Totally agree Rob and Ian,
The bit that worries me is how many sets have already been fitted to bikes and sold to unaware new owners?

Good point, maybe its time to say don't buy an M20 which doesn't have a usable original set of forks.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

The real worry is when skinflint who knows the forks are dubious so he only ever rode slow, or trailered the bike to shows to win lots of ribbons departs this earth and the bike gets old sold to some one who does not know and they grab a big handfull of brakes .
Even worse if it is on an organized and they take 1/2 dozen other bikes ridden by fairly frail older enthusiasts with them.

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

Jake Robbins Vintage Engineering is the man to ask.
He rebuild a WNG fork for me using original lugs, and it functions faultlessly.
He also makes complete Castle forks with new lugs /tubes.
Perhaps M20 owners who wish a new fork could team up and order a batch.
No, not cheap.

email (option): info@wetblast.nl

A search on "Jake Robbins" on this site makes interesting reading!

agreed

email (option): Cambo

Nieuwe pagina 1