The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: BSA WM23 1940 maintenance help!

Hi Steven
I have purchased a BSA WM23 and I was chasing any details I can find. As you know there are not to many of them around, is your's in a WM20 frame or a KM20 frame. Also what tank is on your's aswell the guards, thanks any help would be greatly appreciated.

email (option): wishman69@gmail.com

Re: BSA M23 1939 maintenance help!

Hi Lukas i have finished my M23 the sparking plugs is a KLG type 831 or L777 i have the L777 in mine and it runs very well . in the top of your oil tank there should be an oil strainer rather than a filter
the oil is a straight SEA 50 grade take off your timing side cover and make sure the two rubber are in there recesses as for a sludge trap there isn't one just take of your little sump plate ( four small slotted bolts ) and clean the mesh and get some SEA 30 run your engine i did about 2 miles on mine then dump the oil and replace with SEA 50 if you need any Photographs or any more info just email me
Hope this helps
regards gary

email (option): garypitt@talktalk.net

Re: BSA M23 1939 maintenance help!

Hi Lukas and other guys involved with m22 / m23 BSA projects.
Mine is M22 two port model with engine JM22 and frame JM19 prefix witch is correct for 1938. Yes, they rare and during the restoration process you have to use us much your brain and technical intuition, workshop step by step accuracy, old catalogs (hipolite, lucas, amal ect) as well with old photos to did your job correct.

I’m lucky my m22 is again on the road during braking period, ca 1600 km without serious issues, one non standard improvement with 6V DC regulator – WASSEL, and some inaccuracy against factory spec with exhaust mounts and leather seat in bronze color.
Lukas be careful with engine parts e.g.cams, lifters, piston, and 2 port cylinder head, they are very unique for the model and rare on the market.

For parts i can share pdf catalog, please grab it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hMAF8ibds0HqROnia2BW84uRHeNRYmjN/view?usp=sharing

And my running BSA video, just for fun if you are interested in:

https://youtu.be/qm8Y7LU7Wbs

Regards
Robert

email (option): robertzgory@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1