Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: side stand

It started off as the same stand as yours but I wasn’t happy without a lower chain guard( or the Mrs wasn’t sat on the back) so I fitted a chain guard. then just chopped the clamp off and welded a flat plate to it after checking the angle several times . It’s only a temp fix until as you say a better solution comes along. For the 3 seconds I need it to support the bike whilst I tip toe to the rear and yank it Onto the rear stand it works.

Revisiting this thread after months of no further progress. I emailed Adam a week a go and got no reply. In the mean time, I've had two attempts at making my own jiffy stand to enable me to open and close a gate with the engine running.

First attempt didn't feel like it would hold the bike on a gravel drive and the second attempt is my nod to that original type and yet to be tested.

But I've been loaned an original BSA leg and going to get one/some cast in SGI (Ductile cast iron) and modify my bracketry to suit...I hope.
The ones Josef makes and supplied Adam, don't look quite right to me? Ron
DSCF3179

<

sidestand-12<

sidestand10-2

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I did something similar to Ron and Colin on my rigid B33...It works really well....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ron Pier
Revisiting this thread after months of no further progress. I emailed Adam a week a go and got no reply. In the mean time, I've had two attempts at making my own jiffy stand to enable me to open and close a gate with the engine running.

First attempt didn't feel like it would hold the bike on a gravel drive and the second attempt is my nod to that original type and yet to be tested.

But I've been loaned an original BSA leg and going to get one/some cast in SGI (Ductile cast iron) and modify my bracketry to suit...I hope.
The ones Josef makes and supplied Adam, don't look quite right to me? Ron

<

<

Hi Ron,

You are right the one that Josef makes is not really correct, these will need a lot of additional work to make them look like an original 1. I thought I was the only one with that problem, till I spoke to Michiel. He told me he had to do do a lot of additional work as well, as Michiel also bought a replica from Josef. Michiel and I both have an original 1 and compared them with Josef's replica but Josef's replica is just different.

Regards,
Bastiaan

email (option): wdmotorcycles@gmail.com

Well when the original arrives by post, I'll be talking to Nick at the foundry. I'm happy to order a batch to be made, but I won't be offering any further parts or machining. Josef sells his incorrect legs for £65 plus P&P each. Ron

Hi

has anyone an update on those stands and know if some good ones would soon be available ?

Thinking to fit one on the WM20 as indeed this makes life much more easy

Cheers

Y.

email (option): its.me.twixi[AT]gmail[DOT]com

I was determined to complete this project on my bike for my own benefit and was able to borrow an original stand to use as a pattern to get some cast. I had very limited response to my offer to get some made for anyone else. I fabricated my own bracketry and am very pleased with the result....The pattern has now been returned to it's owner and I have no intention of revisiting this project.

I would say that the project started by the original poster has died in the water. Ron

sidestand-DSCF3872-2
sidestand-DSCF4234

Nieuwe pagina 1