Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: rear brake pedal

Hi Kevin, Draganfly.co.uk has a drawing of the setup.

John

email (option): john.kater@chello.nl

Hi, yes i saw that but it just doesnt seem to sit right on my bike, also what is doesnt show is the slotted area on the bottom of the bracket slides over the stud on the frame but only 1/2 way when the pedal and bracket is sitting up against the frame
i guess i can slip a spacer over the stud first then the bracket but it still doesnt seem right

email (option): taybrig@shaw.ca

This is the best shot I can find of mine. The spring can be a faff. Do a dummy run without the spring first. I can't think what the problem is?
Ron
M20-483

Scan-20200831-2

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

The elongated slot allows for adjustment of the 'stop' position of the rear brake lever...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

im sorry guys im not doing a good job of describing my problem, the plate with the slotted hole, when its is installed on the brake pedal shaft the slotted hole is only sitting half way down the stud that goes through the hole, it doesnt butt up against the frame

Ron thanks but i cant see the lower part of the bracket

ill get a pic to post

Kevin, sounds like you are fitting the large pivot pin first perhaps?
I just took a photo of the basic bracket fitment as suggested by Ron and once you have this the rest should be just a bit of fiddling. The hook on the spring goes over the top of the pedal as shown in Rons photo.
The Draganfly part breakdown actually shows the bracket and main pivot pin in reverse order to their actual fitment.
The bracket goes flat against the frame lugs, main pivot screwed into the frame through the bracket with the thin nut on the inside of the frame lug.
Then nut & washer on the long frame stud - this is the adjustment Ian referred to.

I have this frame up on a shelf so can fit other parts and take a photo if you need.

awesome Ray thanks, the bracket goes BEHIND the main pivot, i wondered about that but i got the bike with the main pivot pin already in and very tight (so i assumed the bracket went on afterwards) the bracket and everything else was in the box of bits, ill be ok now
cheers
Kevin

Hi Kevin, now I see that Drag's drawing was not very helpfull, because the parts are not in the right order ☹️

John

email (option): john.kater@chello.nl

Nieuwe pagina 1