Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 'Old bikes can lead to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder....'

Ian glad your story ended well. I feel your pain as our Australian delivery guys are no better.

email (option): ukcarbsathotmail.com

Tempting fate (?) but I have to say in defence of our posties here in Kent that the mail always gets through and they are mostly a cheerful and helpful bunch despite the aggro' they often get from all the unreasonable folk they have to deal with. Couriers.....not a problem so far and my word, we have been leaning on them of late. Its not all doom and gloom, but of course, when things go wrong in this electronic world, boy do they go wrong. Just had my NC1 mag safely delivered back from APL Magnetos (COD service - now THAT is a blast from the past!) via Post Office, there and back........thank goodness, it has to be said!

Our local Post persons are also helpful pleasant and know the job which is just as well because the village where I live has lots of properties with names rather than numbers, Rose Cottage, Willow cottage, Church House etc., some of which are duplicated, and two areas called Beckside at different locations in the village, one not near the beck! This makes life difficult for new or "locum" posties and even worse for non local couriers who it seems often have only a matter of thirty seconds or so allocated for each delivery. Life was much simpler when we just went to the shop, bought something for pound notes, and took it home. Nostalgia, it's not what it used to be in my day.

Tony

Auspost is by far the best delivery system in Australia , probably world wide .
Back in the 70's & 80's delegates came from all over the world to see what they could learn from our super efficient mailing system.
However it has been underfunded and milked for secret tax raising , in the form of corporatization so it now pays the government an annual dividend .
It also means that party hacks can be pensioned off to there for a few years before retirement to suck up millions in public money as a reward for towing the party line loyally.

Having said that I had been in transport for 30 years and have probably consigned over a million items through Auspost without a single problem. The mob I started with used to get about 5 tons of air freight a week for remailing in Australia and again never a problem that was aware of except when we could not get more credit on the franking machine.

The pistons I bough from Ian, consigned through Royal Mail / Auspost arrived without a hitch , in quite good time.
I just bought a gearbox from a member on this forum and it turned up in perfect condition in 4 days from Victoria.
The mower parts I buy from victoria are sent via Toll / Allied / Border Express all priority overnight but take 3 to 4 days to arrive here and the odd one will have passed through 6 different subcontractors before it gets to me .

On the subject of private couriers, I did a brief stint with a major company ( no I will not name them ) .
As a casual driver I was supposed to be back in the depot by 4 pm so my PDA could be downloaded into the system.
Now as I had no outward freight, I did what any responsible driver would, stayed out till the last job was delivered.
I copped a bollocking for "buggering the system " because the computer needed my PDA details before 4 pm so it could tag them as being delivered that day.

One of the items I made sure got delivered was a box of insulin which had been tossed around from run to run for over 10 days because being drugs it was not allowed to be left out , being a private address no one was home till after 5 pm , the delivery address was over an hours drive from the depot and of course it was always left for a casual who had to be back at the depot before 4pm .

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

Ian Wright
Deep joy...My piston arrived here finally on Friday....

Incredibly, I think, the courier left the parcel with its £364 piston on the doorstep as I wasn't in...I live in a cottage that fronts directly onto the road in my village so any passer by could have helped themselves...Now that's what I call a secure delivery service...:laughing: ....Ian
We scored a contract with a very expensive bespoke jewelry shop after a courier tied a bag, clearly printed with the shop name to a door handle of a Paddington terrace house, within arms reach of the footpath
There was $ 300,000 (Aus) of jewelry in the bag .
To the driver it was of course just a $ 2.75 delivery and what do you expect for $ 2.75

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

Nieuwe pagina 1