Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Importing Motorcycle to UK

John I imported a barn find Harley XA from Spokane, USA. The first obstacle was that it had to be registered in USA (pink slip) before it could be exported. So the bloke who found it registered it in his name. I used a shipping guy in Worthing who was used to such classic car/bike importation. I'll look up his contact details if you want. I think he buys space in a shipping container.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hello John,

I also recently imported a vehicle, albeit from New Zealand. When it is imported you will need to make sure it is classified correctly, as you will need to pay import duty and potentially VAT on the cost of the vehicle and the shipping. If you classify it correctly I think import duty is about 5% and you won't need to pay VAT (you'll need to verify this information now as when I imported we were inside the EU), it may have changed now).

Once imported you need to get a NOVA so that you can show you've paid any duties required in order to get it registered.

Good luck with your future project.

email (option): tomillward@hotmail.com

Thank you both for your helpful answers. JT

I have imported several bikes from the States. Two WD M20's 1978 CB550 with 680 miles on the clock. The cost is very reasonable
. The bike being imported must have a title and you will need a bill of sale filled in. Customs need this to calculate duty which is only 5% on bikes over 30 years old. Sea Kargo imported all mine. Average cost of £500 plus duty. Sea Kargo ship out of Kearny New Jersey. Bike needs to be delivered there. Uship are very good in my experience.

email (option): pete.m.thomas@btinternet.com

Nieuwe pagina 1