Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
uploading pictures

I was going to upload a picture so I could ask a question, as per instructions below. Do I have to create an account on this site. Easy enough to upload the picture but how you get it onto this site is anyone's guess. Where is this message board mentioned. I am not a whizz on computers and it has me stumped.

https://imgbb.com/upload

Choose a photo and when you get to the last box, select "Full HTML" then 'copy' and you can paste it directly onto the message board.

email (option): tknalder@iinet.net.au

Re: uploading pictures

Uploading pictures to this site appears to be a stumbling block to many of us technophobes.

Kim, I imagine you have to set-up an account there. I have not used that particular repository but all the sites I have used do require that.
I have a paid-for account that runs out next year but some of the other forum folk are sure to chime in with details about alternative sites.
In the meantime, if you send me a copy of the photo (email below) I can host it for you and send you the html required to post it.

Ray

email (option): rays54@hotmail.com

Imgur is a free site currently so no payment required...I found it easier to use than Photobucket which used to be free but now charges...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

This is the photo Kim wanted to post.

email (option): rays54@hotmail.com

leg guard

Thanks Ray. What I am asking is the leg guard I have fitted to my M20 shown in picture, is it a military fitting. I picked it up a few years ago from a swap meet and fitted it. It is definitely made for the M series side bangers as it went on without modification, other than drill a hole in the exhaust pipe bracket to bolt it to it. I have never seen any pictures of WD bikes with a guard on. can any one throw any light on the guard.

Re: leg guard

I've never seen anything quite like that...

Bikes that have come back from India/Pakistan/Egypt/Thailand etc. have a variety of locally produced leg guards and crash bars fitted along with other locally made modifications.. I wouldn't be surprised if your guard(s) originated from such a source...

When you've got two kids sat on the petrol tank or a sack of chickens hanging over the side you wouldn't want any contact with a hot engine or exhaust...:laughing: Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Thanks Ian. Maybe I have a one only leg guard. It's been on there for a few years now so while it may not be technically correct, I will leave it on. If nothing else it maybe a talking point with some one.

It looks like it would make good toast??!!

Dave j

email (option): jamfam@dragnet.com.au

Nieuwe pagina 1