Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Message for Henk....

Hi Henk...Whose bike is it in the current forum photo...?..and what is the memorial?...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: Message for Henk....

To be honest, I was hoping some other person knew more about it. It could be the tank museum but I am not really sure about it.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

It is the Tank Museum at Bovington. The sculpture depicts men of the Royal Tank Regiment. A group of us have taken pictures by the statues but I can't think that I recognize that bike. Ron

PS I think it's come to me! Rob Strong (Rockabilly Rob) He live in the same road as me about 100 yards away. I don't think he looks at this forum though.

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I was interested as he has 4/7th RDG markings on it....Ian

Good evening Ian, gentlemen.
The picture was indeed taken outside of the Tank Museum at Bovington. The statue is a replica of the RTR Memorial in Whitehall London.
This itself, was taken from a small bronze by Vivien Mallock! I'm not sure but this bronze is either in the Imperial War Museum or, as I was told recently actually in the Tank museum itself! I'm afraid that is all I know of the statue, and yes the motorcycle belongs to myself,

Rob

I have to correct myself..4/7th. RDG was 994....What was 996 and what's on the other side of the tank? Is it also 996?....Ian

Found it...Nottinghamshire Yeomanry...Also part of the 8th. Independent Armoured Brigade for D Day...A nice looking M20 by the way....Ian:relaxed:

Hello Ian
You are correct second time around, the decals are of the Sherwood Rangers. The 996 is on both sides of the tank with the Foxe's Mask on the rear mudguard. No other decals except the 'C' number

strongrobert@hotmail.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1