Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
M20 spares...

There's lots of NOS M20 spares for sale over on the M20 facebook page....All being sold by a recent forum contributor who seems to have had a change of heart...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: M20 spares...

Yes someone sent me a link to his NOS barrel and head, but I just assumed it was surplus parts?? Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

So far there's everything for the engine being advertised as a chance to build a zero hours engine, including crank cases. Plus the (expensive) early petrol tank and the NOS head which has sold......I don't think it's extra spares..Ian

Facebook? Ian, you use Facebook?

:)

Scott D

Absolutely not but I like to drop in to the public M20 forum now and again (you don't have to register or have a Facebook account) to see what's happening and to remind myself that not all forums are as good as this one...

On every other forum I visit, and there are a few, I'm only a viewer, not a contributor so be careful what you say...I'm watching..:laughing: .....Ian:relaxed:

All is for sale Ian.

“A new direction and career “

Don’t worry there is no mention of you on the Sloper forum or V twin forum,
I watching for you

Well, what a surprise... :wink:

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

['Don’t worry there is no mention of you on the Sloper forum or V twin forum,
I watching for you..']

:laughing: :laughing: ...If you just want to see some interesting bikes 'V Twin Obsession' is a great site..

Poor old Ada....cast aside and returned to the spares department...Ian

Ian Wright
['Don’t worry there is no mention of you on the Sloper forum or V twin forum,
I watching for you..']

:laughing: :laughing: ...If you just want to see some interesting bikes 'V Twin Obsession' is a great site..

Poor old Ada....cast aside and returned to the spares department...Ian
Are you telling me that Project ADA - intended to be the pinnacle of BSA.M20s this decade has been abandoned?

It's a shame that things turned out the way they did. He was asking a lot of specific detail questions that had not been discussed here before...Or since.

I agree with Rik! It would also be interesting to know why he's had such a change of heart. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I tried to contact Nathan,he seems to have lost interest,it is a shame !

cheers Dave

email (option): jamfam@dragnet.com.au

Nathan is following a new career path & is not a cheap route to embark on

Consequently he needs funds to get himself on the way

I think all of us have given up on things in order for priority items to take over at some time in the past

Jo’b

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Personally, I never doubted for a minute he'd blow through... Just making the job so complicated combined with such an obvious lack of knowledge and experience severely reduced the chances of ever getting it done...

However, it would have been an interesting bike if he'd finished it..

I'm guessing he's going for the pilots license.. I hope he listens to the instructor who will know more about flying than he does.......Ian:relaxed:

You want to bet on that Ian.

Don't know the reason but not being able to post, ask and share here might well be a factor....

I am still annoyed by how been treated here by some and disappointed the forum as a whole was not able to handle him.

It also strikes me now that you, Ian, who had by far the most problems with him, are now the first to post about his selling and seems to continue with talking him down..., even while he is banned here and cannot respond.

Think the forum has cut itself as Nathan was able to contribute a lot with his sharp eye for detail and strive for perfection.

Nathan, if you read this, hope your doing fine, good luck and thanks for your contributions here.

Did he get banned here on the forum? Being a somewhat erratic visiter of the forum it seems I have missed out on some sort of spectacle. However many a fine spares in what he is selling no doubt.

/Simon

I think he thought he could make up the ideal bike virtually new but then realised the cost was going to be way over what a running bike would cost, I know he was buying new old stock from somewhere but never disclosed where, or who he was buying from, my guess would have been the guy in Greece, who pops up now & then with NOS butt paying premium for it.

Regards TTJohn

email (option): Jomichael@aol.com

Regrettably Michiel, Nathan's contribution is no more. It would seem that all his posts and all threads started by him have been completely deleted. There are a few threads with posts hanging up in the air and out of context but most have gone completely.

A lot of historical research and discussion has been completely negated too, of course.

Is it still worth giving detailed answers on this message board ?

['Is it still worth giving detailed answers on this message board ?..']

Yes it is, and for a more permanent record things can be entered onto the technical section which perhaps, more people should do as that is the archive section of the forum...Ian

Are you running this forum

Before you all start falling out here are a couple of points.

1. Nathan may have demanded that all his posts were removed?

2. Henk could decide he has had enough of this aggravation and pull the plug on this forum.

So lets all be nice, I for one will not be using facebook and in a time of strife when our actual hobby is a shadow of its former self this forum is helping to keep me sane.

Thank you Henk.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

I can see the discussion has gone slightly off topic perhaps, but I just wanted to reiterate Rob Miller's point to thank Henk for running the forum, I know moderation can be a thankless task at times. For me the forum has been both a source of social connection in a time of isolation and a source of technical information which has enabled me to finish two bikes that have been sat half finished for the past 11 years. So thank you Henk!

I can honestly say without the forum my bikes would still be in pieces, and I wouldn't have made contact with the many helpful and knowledgeable people that I now have.

Hartelijk dank Henk.

email (option): tomillward@hotmail.com

Yes!

This forum is great, My build would no doubt have been more of a hassle without it. I chime in with the previous "thank you Henk"!
As for the now banned buyer became seller of spare parts who is the source of this thread I still have no idea as to what he did or did not do in order to fall out with people here on the forum. I can live with not knowing.

Have a good day everyone and thanks for all the good advice you all have given!

/s

Thank you Rob as well.
Well said sir!

I wondered why a guy with so much BSAM20 stuff did not put it up for sale on this site. Now I understand.
Thanks

email (option): cbhaws@verizon.net

Nieuwe pagina 1