Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dynamo Lucas

Please help. Last October, I had a dynamo lucas refurbished. My mechanic died suddenly. I got it back yesterday. The dynamo is completely disassembled. I have a problem. I don't know where to mount this spring ring. Can you please advise me?
What is the catalog number of this part? This part is broken (photo from ebay). I have to buy a new one. However, I can't find it for sale.

Big thanks.

email (option): marcel.fekete@mpsa.com

Re: Dynamo Lucas

Marcel,
That part looks to be from a Magneto not a dynamo. It fits up agains the armature on the drive end of the shaft, it should have a thin insulator at the back of it which goes up against the armature. Some adjusting shims and an inner bearing ring keeps it in place.

Hi Tim,

Thanks for advice.If I understood correctly, is this item 451 378?

Is it a 60 watt dynamo?...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ian : I do not know it. I'll see when I get home.

Marcel 451378 is just a paper insulator the stop any earthing current running through the bearings. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

The part is the "oil thrower" for the drive side magneto bearing. It is there to keep bearing grease off the slip ring. It goes between the slip ring and bearing shims. It should have a varnished cloth insulating washer between it and the slip ring. It is part number 463944 in the drawing below.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3315/3262312853_b3c864bec5_b.jpg

Re: Magneto Lucas

Yes. Yes.:) That's exactly it. I also understand the functionality. Perfect. Many thanks for the help.

I can look for where to buy.

Many thanks!!!

The steel plate you are looking for is called an oil slinger & it goes on after the Bakelite slip ring, often glued to the slip ring with a thin linen washer. No one makes them, but I have some extras

email (option): sbrolund@yahoo.com

Nieuwe pagina 1