Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Matchless G3L Spark Plugs - Recommendations.

All. Recommendations please as to best sparkplug. Presently using a NGK B7HS but the Handbook recommends a Champion L-10 Which seem to be longer according to the pictures. Cheers

email (option): phillip.campion@btinternet.com

Re: Matchless G3L Spark Plugs - Recommendations.

They should be 1/2" reach, and for years I've been using Champion L82C in my OHV's and L86C in the SV's. But now I think I'm getting better results with Bosch W7AC in the OHV's and W8AC in SV's.

I buy them at about 10 at a time quite cheaply from "The Green Spark Plug Co"

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

As per Ron's previous, Champion as first choice, but I plan on experimenting with Bosch as I've heard good things. As for recommendations on NGKs, best thing to do with an NGK plug is pick it up and throw the bloody thing as far as you can. My personal record on an NGK is 3/4 mile before it packed up.

Haha Mark, you got it!! there's so many fake NGK's it's not worth bothering, I would not even fit them if they came with a certificat of authenticity! I mainly use NOS plugs, which I have amassed when they were cheap to buy, best thing I ever did! and don't start that "hoarding" thing with me, I do ride my bikes!

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welb**e.net

Everyone blames 'fake' NGKs but when I ran Japanese stuff back in the seventies, I used to reckon on two out of a box of ten being duff. Maybe they're really 'good' in terms of heat range etc. but foul them once and they're knackered for ever.

I have started using Brisk plugs (Czech Rep) sourced from F2 Motorcycles, after numerous failures with NGK and Champion, sourced from reputable dealers. Brisk plugs, apparently, still have a glazed inner insulator which most modern plugs do not as they are now designed to work with hotter burning modern engines. The NGKs etc on our old bikes now foul up and fail prematurely. Apparently, you can resuscitate these plugs by giving the central insulator a blast with a gas torch flame which should set it burning....burning off the crud. Early days yet to judge how true this all is.

That's the problem with modern plugs. No glaze on porcelain. So when we tickle the carbs the porcelain gets wet, if the bike doesn't start straight away the spark shorts to earth.

Thanks for the replies chaps. Will sort some out. Andy

email (option): phillip.campion@btinternet.com

Nieuwe pagina 1