Bsa m20 tool box key

Hi
Can anyone help in sourcing a key for an m20’tool box with integrated lock

Many thanks
Jo’b

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Re: Bsa m20 tool box key

Hi John

I've been looking for one of these locks for several years, ever since I got involved in delivering one for a friend.

The nearest I have found is from a similar era but it's too big, it's possible yours was also made by Yale and had a key like this but shorter?

Rob

Image4

Image10

lock1

lock2

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Thanks rob

Will send you photos of mine - I can’t post on here

Br
John

I have a NOS lock like that, will take pictures tomorrow, but the keys are different I believe.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welb**e.net

Hi John,

I have bought this key in the past:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-LUCAS-Ignition-Key-PLT-PRS8-Plate-type/373105092992?hash=item56decbe980:g:iQgAAOSwkc5fAay2

I used a file to make it fit in the lock and it works very well on my KM20 toolbox.

The lock in my toolbox was stuck, I have completely dismantled, cleaned and greased it. I have then put it together, I made several photo's during the dismantling but can not find them at the moment. The lock itself is a very simple construction and easy to repair.

Regards,
Bastiaan

email (option): wdmotorcycles@gmail.com

From 1940 onwards, the Tools and Equipment lists for the WD16H ceased referring to a WD replacement key source and simply stated 'To be purchased locally'.

I think therefore that it would be difficult to have a 'wrong' key.

Here's the lock and keys I have.

Cheers,

Lex

Here are the pictures of Johns toolbox, both of these originals have a single sided rather than double sided key.

Rob

IMG-5391

IMG-5392

IMG-5393

IMG-5394

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Thank you all

I’ll try for one of those keys bastiaan - rob maintains this lock required a single sided key - so it’s a good start -

I have 2 of these tool boxes now - so I will now be able to search for a suitable lock assy for the 2nd one

Unless you are selling yours Lex ??

Br
Jo’b

John, yes I could, but it is slightly different then I guess, will take picture of the other side and I'll measure it, it's US Yale made!

Cheers,

Lex

Nieuwe pagina 1