Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Latest Forum M.20 Photograph

Henk Joore
Here two more photos.

Henk

Superb stuff - thanks for posting Henk

I note in the first photo registration FFD 353 - my two SWD Big 4s are FFD821 and FFD 993 both having been sold I believe by Copes in 1946.

The second photo - now that is a gem of a Norton - possibly a 1947 machine as it seems to have the post war gearbox and the pushrod tubes are inclined as opposed to parallel but no doubt others will confirm or otherwise. I also note the front brake plate is on the opposite side to the WD Norton 16Hs and Big 4s.

Gus-Kuhn-Motors

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Henk Joore
Brilliant piece of detective work Henk - I am sure Gus Kuhn Motors was still in business in the 1960s I think - London based?

Gus Kuhn had a Norton racing team in the 1970s. Post-1976 they sold BMWs...I wen there into the 1980s to buy 'Gold-Top' gloves . It looks as if they traded until the late 1980s.

http://www.guskuhn.net/GKMLtd/GusKuhnMtrsLtd.htm

Ah, thank you Henk, you have all the answers, and the photos! Looking at the brickwork on the wall to the right of your pic I think the Forum photo may have been taken round there.

Best wishes
Tony.

There are a few more photos of that location and they actually come from Jan Vandevelde.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

'HGU' is a 1946 London series. The machine looks to be a Model 18 to trials specification...The forerunner to the 500T but heavy and not particularly agile.

It looks as if the photos were made as publicity for the stand manufacturer. There is a difference between lifting a bicycle into a stand and a heavy motorcycle though...Getting it out again would be interesting too, especially with a kerb behind. I'd like to see a film of people trying to use it !

https://www.gracesguide.co.uk/Alfred_A._Odoni_and_Co

It looks like the front mudguards are striking the steel channel & doing the front end lifting instead of the tyres.

The photos were for sale on ebay last week.

I like the Enfield, pre-War s/v with pressed steel girders. Possibly an S or SF (Deluxe 250) from 38-39? It looks like it has a Dunlop rubber saddle as well. Great picture!
REgards, Mark

Nieuwe pagina 1