Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Indian made girder forks... Caveat emptor...

Amen to THAT, Henri!

email (option): btcoop77069@aol.com

There are without doubt some very serious issues raised in this video and it would be interesting to know what could be or is being done about preventing such products entering the market besides nothing.

Wow! Frightening to think that there are people riding bikes fitted with that crap. It's one thing to be told about the problem but seeing it brings it home.

The video in the link is of my bike Craig is building for me.....We knew the indian girders were shoddy but wanted to actually see for real!.
Happy to say we were eventually re-funded, and an original pair of BSA girders were found.

Also in reply to other comments in this thread....Yep, Indian Lucas replica lamps are very good!....we have an 8" DU142 going on the bike.....but lots are commenting its too big so may swap it out for the 6"

Also the tank is an Indian replica Enfield tank, Model G apparently but close enough as the bike is one of Craigs Custom Royal Enfield Bobbers styled with a 'nod' to My Grandad Arthurs WDC in WW2 (RASC dispatch rider) hence the girders, tank, lamp etc.

Dont go watching if you are expecting a WW2 replica as this is not that (I have a WDC frame, thanks to talks with Jan that I intend the actually replica to be done with)

But if you are interested in the build, here is the chronological playlist thus far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MelY73rtlLw&list=PLyiUIc4b5MzXTpkO2L2gCCdvT4fzTDfNg

Cheers

Dan

I've come across several of those video's on youtube and watched with interest Dan. Please feel free to post updated episodes, I'd like to see the finished result. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

An interesting series of videos and the end result looks pretty good...However, with my toolmaking/machinist background I can't say I share his enthusiasm for disc grinders and disc sanders...I hope he rebuilds his engines somewhere else!....

Lot's of nice detail touches though and a lot of thought put into the general layout and design of the parts....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Cheers Ron! Ill get Craig to add the last couple of latest vids to the playlist and post the link again.
You can also click 'subscribe' on the youtube channel for update notifications! ;)

email (option): dansalter@hotmail.com

Thanks Ian! I was expecting to get shot down and boo'd off this thread ha ha.

Rest assured any engine work is done in much cleaner conditions once the rest of the bike has gone off to powder and paint (which is coming very soon!)

email (option): dansalter@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1