Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: front brake cable adjuster

thanks guys, Ron yes i have the correct spacer between the brake plate and fork, i notice your knurled adjuster is above the stay and mine is below, could be the replacement cable has bigger adjusters but ill add a spacer to the stay bolt
cheers

email (option): taybrig@shaw.ca

Bob
My bike's not at home at the moment to check, but I don't think it has a spacer between the fork leg & brake plate.But everything seems to match up OK.Should I have one?
Bob I'd be surprised if you haven't got the cone shaped spacer #41!

I haven't checked the parts list for the mudguard stay spacer but Dave and Ray have confirmed it. Drags have them
https://www.draganfly.co.uk/triumph-shop/twin-cylinder/product/31479-distance-washer-stainless-steel/category_pathway-2 Ron

scan-160117-0001

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Ron
Yes, I've got one of those, & it's on the bike. The front wheel hasn't been out for a couple of years, & with the bike not being here at the moment to check I'd forgotten about it.

['..could be the replacement cable has bigger adjusters but I'll add a spacer to the stay bolt ...']

I've come across after market adjusters that are too large in diameter to clear the stay, so something worth checking...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Kevin, I removed that spacer today and measured it as ID 0.260", OD 0.500" and thickness 0.106" so pretty close to the A176 the BSA parts book shows as ID 0.255" and thickness 0.104" (no OD shown).

Sorry I didn't do that yesterday - I got sidetracked fault-finding a friends non-charging Matchless 350 (if you have ever had the misfortune to work on one of those generators in-situ you will understand why it took up a lot of time). Ray :white_frowning_face:

thanks very much Ray i will find one that size, i think that the adjuster diameter is bigger than the original but i can make it work now thanks to the help on here:slightly_smiling_face:

email (option): taybrig@shaw.ca

Nieuwe pagina 1