Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Picture of a WDG3LS side stand please..........

Hi Guys, here in Kenya I have the only full spec WDG3LS I have restored but the side stand (field stand) is giving trouble. I am not sure if was the part of the bike I bought from a scrap dearler here, which was an undismanted WD G3LS that had had a front ender ( bent forks) and was "cast" (big yellow strip) and left aside in the yard. Thus I got a very original bike. But it had no side stand. The yard ownder found me one in WD green and said it was correct.

The Stand seems to have a part number on it 014750(?) and fits the lug...but when folded up touches the rear tire! Yet it's not bent. Of course it could have been from another warbike, maybe an Ariel or something.

If anyone has a pic of an actual field stand for a G3LS then I would be pleased to see it and compare it to mine. Perhaps an angle or two or even the measurement say fron the "golf club" frame end to the pin in the flatfoot plate?

Much appreciate. Sorry you guys were not able to do D Day properly. My Dad was in the 8th US Airforce in Ipswich and met my English mum at a Red Cross do.

email (option): campfires1946@gmail.com

Re: Picture of a WDG3LS side stand please..........

I have made a little progress after some griuelling googling. Repro stand being sold are 300mm length, so is the one I have! Repro stand and managing to dredge up a Vintage G3/G8 picture shows also those look identical to mine.

Mine does not look like this reprodction (A) from India here https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Vintage-AJS-Matchless-Side-Stand-Black-Painted/153896574750?hash=item23d4f35f1e:g:vxoAAOSwrtteiDg9. It has a different shaped lug fitting.

It look more like reproduction (B) - win one spring eye only, . https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Vintage-AJS-MATCHLESS-AMC-Side-Stand-Black/223894540109?hash=item3421278f4d:g:x6cAAOSwKAFeOo9z

The mounting lugs are very different between the types.

Which is correct of a WD model, (A) or (B).

Sorry if I knew how to post pix on here I would do so

The G3L/S is the 'Spring' framed model with swing-arm suspension. Is that what you have ?

I don't know what bike or stand you have. But here is a side-stand for a WD G3 or G3L. It's about 13" long. The pivot hole in the frame lug wears badly for some reason which will cause the bike to lean over alarmingly, which is why I've just taken this one off to address the situation. Ron
DSCF2944
DSCF2945

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Dear Ron,

I have a WDG3L, pardon not an LS...and your photo is very helpful. It shows that the stand I have is NOT from a WDG3L.

Yours matches one of the replicas from India I boted that seem correct...there is no "wood driver" golf club shape to the mounting end.

Very Helpful...I wonder if you could tell me now to post pix here???

Best Wishes Peter, Kenya

Most of us use IMGBB :-

https://imgbb.com/upload

Choose a photo and when you get to the last box, select "Full HTML" then 'copy' and you can paste it directly onto the message board.

If you get stuck, just ask as we've all had problems to start with :thinking_face:

Ron, the photo you have shown is a side stand for a G3WO or the first contract of the G3L but not later. JT

OK John, thanks. It's off my G3 and I haven't compared it with my G3L yet.
Out of interest, what are the differences John? Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1