Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Shows....on the move

The April/June/August Stafford Classic Bike show has now been rescheduled for 10th. and 11th. of October...In other words it's now been integrated into what would normally be the October Show....

Whether that date holds remains to be seen...At the moment , Netley Marsh Eurojumble is still on for September...definitely, maybe, perhaps...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: Shows....on the move

If I think about autojumbles, my hands start shaking slightly. I don't dare to hope really. I have a New Forest B&B booked for September but I don't really hold out much hope.

A bloody shame, it would have been my last Netley / Beaulieu without customs checks and the possibility to bring back unlimited pork pies. :cry:

Are there any other autojumbles that are worth the trip (when they happen)? I've given up on Newark: it costs ££ for what's become a car boot sale. More garden gates than bike parts 😷

email (option): cmmacd@hotmail.co.uk

Here in the UK open air markets are currently allowed again so there is no legal reason why an auto jumble can't be run, the problem may be the average age of the people who attend both as buyers and sellers, I'm 51 but my circumstances mean that I certainly couldn't go as things stand.

I'm worried I will forget how to jumble.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Hi Ian

Thanks for this information

they haven’t contacted me and having being paid in full since January - I’m not so impressed with their comms

I will call them on Monday -

Br
Jo’b

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Same here John...This time I'm thinking of getting a refund as I'm not convinced it will be a good show in October even if it does go ahead...My stall cost is £240 and there's 400 miles worth of diesel to factor in as well, so I've got to do well at Stafford to cover the overheads...

I may suggest to them they carry the money over to next April....Ian

We won't be going to either Stafford or Beaulieu/Netley even if they are on, as the lockdown measures are relaxed the R rate is already creeping back up, there will be zero "social distancing" at these events, it's just not possible, so too risky IMHO. I won't be going anywhere till next year, always fancied being a recluse anyway.

ATB Tony.

I agree with that Tony...I was hoping August would be cancelled to give me that exact option (I'd already decided I was far too hasty in taking the move to August) and my gut feeling is the same for October...

If the show is cancelled I get an option over what happens to the stall payment I've made and ultimately I can get a refund....If it isn't cancelled and I decide not to go for the reasons you noted I lose the stall payment...Ian

I'm the same as Rik those darn withdrawal symptoms from shows are getting at me!

I'm not sure how they are gonna manage social distancing at Stafford usually cant move at all in some of the halls.
I hope they sus it out though :)

email (option): tjsblade@googlemail.com

['I'm the same as Rik those darn withdrawal symptoms from shows are getting at me!...']

Yes indeed, the shows are a chance to meet up with fellow enthusiasts socially and sometimes to 'put a face to a name' as much as anything, apart from picking up 'consumables' and getting to look for the parts that are always needed...

I particularly like Netley Marsh for the social side of things, it has always had a fairly relaxed atmosphere and I get time to chat..(and more time to look round the stalls.). Often, at the April Stafford it's too busy for that...Ian

The Ham Street autojumble and show is still on on 21June; Romney Marsh, Kent.

Beaulieu has been cancelled.

https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/news/beaulieus-2020-event-programme-update/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=Events

I think that even if Netley goes ahead in some form, I'll not be able to justify the travelling.

Yes, Roy just told me!!! what a bummer! I can't do Netley on it's own, have to wait for December Kempton then!!

Utter rot!

Lex

email (option): welbike@welb**e.net

Many of you will already have heard, but for those who haven't War and Peace was cancelled today.

Netley is cancelled.

😭😭

Not surprised but disappointed to hear nonetheless

We will see no one this year

Jo’b

The Ardingly motorcycle jumble is on TOMORROW......and on Sunday!

Hi Ferg

I am here at ardingly - staying onsite at the luxurious facilities normally reserved for the cattlemen / livestock handlers

Luxuray pure luxuray I tell thee

Abergavenny hall pitch 18 if anyone here is visiting

Br
Jo’b

Abergavenny Hall eh ? I'll bet there are some attractive sheep there !:heart_eyes:

Il be there John, hopefully il find few bits I need. Il come and say hi if your not busy

How was Ardingly, we want pictures.

Rob

No point in pictures as there wasn’t a lot there. I went on Saturday so I’m not sure if more stall holders turns up on Sunday. I brought a WD speedo of the a guy who reconditions speedo, and to be honest i brought more stuff of john O’Brien but al though he’s practically my next door neighbour.
At least I had a nice morning out with my wife.

Barry

email (option): fullerbarry@hotmail.co.uk

Its Beaulieu and Netley weekend :cry: , lets hope this covid business is sorted by this time next year.

Rob

Ham Street (Romney Marsh, Kent) still on next weekend.

Sunday, September 13, 2020 at 10 AM UTC+01 – 3 PM UTC+01
13–21°C Rain Showers
Romney Marsh Classic Motorcycle Events
Public · Hosted by Romney Marsh Classic Motorcycle Events
Tickets
www.elk-promotions.co.uk
Kent's Biggest Classic Motorcycle 'Jumble! 10am Sunday 13th Sept 2020 at Hamstreet, Near Ashford, KENT TN26 2JD.
10am Entry held at 2019 rate: £5 adults, £4 65-and-over

There is an autojumble at Mallory on 27th Sept
https://www.malloryparkcircuit.com/auto-jumble/

I've booked tickets on line for Kempton on next Sat 12th......No inside halls! Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I’ll be at Kempton this Saturday

I am on stand 9 & 10 opposite Surrey cycles normal pitch

Hope to see some of you there

Jo’b

Hi all

Kempton park autojumble has been cancelled within the last couple of hours

I have no more information other than this

Br
Jo’b

Yep! I wonder how many who didn't receive email notification will turn up? Ron

And the Romney Marsh event on Sunday is also cancelled! {Would have been Goodwood Revival this weekends, Ron!)

Stafford October show is now cancelled

Official email received

Br
Job

I'm surprised Mortons waited this long...By the look of it perhaps it would be best not to plan anything for the next 6 months or so..(apart from workshop time).:mask: ....Ian

Ian Wright
I'm surprised Mortons waited this long...By the look of it perhaps it would be best not to plan anything for the next 6 months or so..(apart from workshop time).:mask: ....Ian
Well they only informed us of the Kempton cancelation on the afternoon before the event. I still wonder how many turned up not knowing that it was off? So far they are saying that the October 24th jumble is still going ahead......We'll see! Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1