Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Handlebar Mirrors

I wouldn't be without one on the Commando...Overtaking at motorway speeds requires lots of prior observation...On the 16H, I don't miss one, any more than I do on the pedal cycle (although the ears help there too). Overtaking is rare, I hold well back and plan my turns and positioning well in advance. Positioning for visibility and asserting one's position on the road remain good roadcraft, regardless of what the idiot behind is doing.

Keeping a group together would be a factor, but that's not a safety issue.

For what it's worth I have mirrors on all of my bikes. I can't turn round as I used to and my ability to see what the idiots in the tin boxes are up to is more important then what the rivet counters think.

Hans WDM20 58764
Could be in Groningen, but I think this is in the beginning of May '45, when convoys with food were organized from the already liberated parts of the country, to Utrecht and Amsterdam. The DR with a white flag is typical for that period, when there were still trigger-happy German soldiers around.

It would not surprise me if those are supplies for the starving Dutch population at the time, the white flag on vehicles supposedly denoted high priority traffic and you see these on "humanitarian aid" convoys in Holland.

Hi Ron,
thanks for the link to the wrist mirror - and what a brilliant idea. I've just ordered one. Will also be usual when I'm out with youngest son on the mountain bikes! :smiley:

Nieuwe pagina 1