Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ammeter terminal thread

Ian Wright, I had the chain case screws, I later found out that they are a standard screw, I was conned! The American AF equivalent to our 3/16 cycle is 10 32. Why they use 10 instead of 3/16 I do not know, perhaps someone on here may know.

Hi Random...It's a shame you were conned...but on the other hand I was happy to buy them off you and get conned as well ..:laughing: ...Did I also get the gearbox inspection plate screws from you?....Ian:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ian, very possibly. I bought 6 of your wheel bolts and a gear indicator plate from you at Stafford a few years ago.The inspection bolts are the the same as the B series rev counter gearbox bolts without the lock wire holes and just a bit longer.
Random...

How are these ammeters held into the headlight panel? Is it with a wire clip like the switch as unlike the reproductions it has no mounting posts?

Either the bezel or on some a collar around the base have little tabs that you fold up after it is fitted.

The bezel has protruding brass 'tags' (4) around its lower edge which are bent outwards behind the switch plate after the ammeter has been inserted into the hole...The ammeter also sits on a very thin 'O' ring which is placed under the bezel before fitment into the switch plate...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

ah ha, thank you gentlemen.

Nieuwe pagina 1